• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

A question of accuracy
11-13-2007, 03:35 AM,
A question of accuracy
Many threads at the moment seem to be questioning the accuracy of certain things, OOB's, bunker strengths, fire values, etc. And that is not a bad thing. By testing and investigating such things we can hopefully create a richer gaming environment for us all.

However, I would say that while the designers do there best they can, we should remember they are only human. Few of these things are definitive, one source will give one OOB, another a different one. More so for weapons effectiveness and such variables as bunker defensive values which can be highly subjective.

The fact is the designers are trying to give the best game they can which, while being as accurate as possible, will also give both sides a good game. If they err on the side of playability that is fair enough, they are trying to create a marketable product at the end of the day. Though one aimed at grognards like ourselves.

One of the great strengths of PzC is the ease with which a scenario can be modified. Even I can tweak a scenario in just a few minutes. If 100% accurate historical OOB or fire effectiveness is your thing, modifying a scenario to reflect such matters is straightforward. And you will almost certainly find a player for any mod you wish to make.

So if there is something you don't like or think can be done better why not try making a modified scenario. A mod, even a simple one, will give you exactly the scenario you want to play, it will enrich the game community for us all and may provide you with a better perspective as to how apparently simple changes can have a considerable affect on the way a scenario plays.
Quote this message in a reply
11-13-2007, 05:41 AM,
RE: A question of accuracy
I personally have no problem with players questioning any aspect of a scenario as long as the comments are constructive rather than just negative, these games will never be 100% accurate in everything they portray and as FLG says playability has to included in the mix. :rolleyes:

We will always find books that will disagree on some point of history, which should be used will always be a tough call, i personally just like to play the games and if the unit i am moving has 18 Panthers when some book says they should have had 22 on this particular day, then i will not lose any sleep over that...............;)

Also i agree with FLG about the editors, four years ago i could not even turn on a PC so if i can do this anybody can IMO, i now regularly use the editors for my H2H scenarios, it is amazing what you can do with them, just reducing a supply source or changing TRENCHES to trenches or changing the quality of units can produce major effects on how a scenario plays, as it happens we are not overrun with players designing/editing scenarios at the moment, so why not give it a try.........:chin:
Quote this message in a reply