• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Sound effect mods
11-12-2007, 09:16 AM,
Sound effect mods
There is a group of mods available for TSCS, including sounds mods. It includes such items as new sounds effects for rocket launchers. It really enhances the game.

Anybody know if these will work with MCS?
Quote this message in a reply
11-12-2007, 12:12 PM,
RE: Sound effect mods
I am not sure which TSCS files you are referring to, but if they are WAV. files they will not work with MCS. MCS uses OGG files.

WAV files can be converted to OGG files with Nero or a program such as FreeRIP3 (which is freeware).

Gavin
Send this user an email
11-12-2007, 04:05 PM,
First off, what programs play .ogg files? I'm stumped.
11-12-2007, 10:40 PM,
OGG files will still play in WMP, Winamp, etc. It's still a sound file.

I believe Jason had posted something about these files before on the Matrix website, but I couldn't find the message string. I believe the reason they switched to these files was for compression reasons, which made the OGG file smaller than the WAV file.

If I can find Jason's post I will link it here later.
Send this user an email
11-12-2007, 10:49 PM,
It looks like it wasn't Jason but Erik Rutins who made the reply at Matrix.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp...nd%2Cfiles

...and then another string from hammer732 stating that he had no problems when he converted and replaced the files.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp...nd%2Cfiles
Send this user an email
11-13-2007, 09:13 AM,
No, I convert and use wave files to ogg all the time, no problems at all!! I use DBpoweramp to convert files.

Mike
11-18-2007, 04:31 PM,
I've buckets of modified sound files for CS all are in WAV. format tho , must get round to converting them to OGG soon if im poked enough that is :rolleyes:
11-19-2007, 12:27 AM,
Raven,

POKE, POKE, POKE, POKE, POKE, POKE, ....ETC

I still have the old ones.

Thanks. Jack
11-19-2007, 12:54 AM,
If any of you chaps know how to build a web page with links to zipped sound files, We can host it here @ the Blitz for you.
contact me for further info
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
11-19-2007, 02:32 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-19-2007, 02:33 AM by Huib Versloot.)
Raven Wrote:I've buckets of modified sound files for CS all are in WAV. format tho , must get round to converting them to OGG soon if im poked enough that is :rolleyes:

Another poke... I liked the sound of the tracked vehicles... It would be nice to have that back.