• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Early war
11-12-2007, 04:42 AM,
RE: Early war
Grumbler Wrote:19 men. The trucks only carry 18, which just makes them about uasless, except for dragging Infantry guns around. Scrap the wagons and eat the horses:pullhair:
The heavy truck would have been better, then the Poles would have had a little mobility advantage to offset the huge numerical advantage of the rooskies.:boom2:

You could load a squad and still pull a gun (I think) with htat as a mobil reaction force, the Russians would have a much harder time of it. Turn 14 here and my cannons are melting. About two more turns and I'll be down to the 'Z' key to keep them pinned.50cal

Then we will see if Iwo goes for the flags with his armor. That will give me the shots I want at his tanks. If I make them, it's a draw, if I miss, he wins.Violin

The trucks were purchased strictly for your ATG and IG. The 5th army was not mobile in 1920, the Russians were far more modern at this time then the Poles.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
Quote this message in a reply
11-12-2007, 06:43 AM,
After the polish squads get shot up and run away, they fit in a truck just fine. Then you can get them back up to the front quickly. I am glad I don't speak Polish. I have a feeling what they are saying when the truck shows up isn't very nice.Eek
"I totally don't know what that means, but I WHOUNT it!"
-Jessica Simpson
11-12-2007, 07:50 AM,
Try man handling your 37mm ATGs into the buildings to cover thr streets. I have no complaints about the scenario from the Polish side.
I'm jst glad the Russians did'nt have any of those big romboid tanks crawling around through townEek
11-12-2007, 08:18 AM,
I'm not complaining.:hissy: I just wish I had a little more mobility.
You have been retired too long. It's when the troops stop grumbling (wishing for some sort of uber weapon, or in this case wheels) that you have a problem. Grumbling troops are happy troops.:happy:
So when your troops were grumbling about your SOS tasting like used brillecreme with embedded wood chips, they were actually happy they had something warm to eat. They just didn't want it to go to your head.:rolleyes:
"I totally don't know what that means, but I WHOUNT it!"
-Jessica Simpson
11-12-2007, 11:48 AM,
Grumbler Wrote:I'm not complaining.:hissy: I just wish I had a little more mobility.
You have been retired too long. It's when the troops stop grumbling (wishing for some sort of uber weapon, or in this case wheels) that you have a problem. Grumbling troops are happy troops.:happy:
So when your troops were grumbling about your SOS tasting like used brillecreme with embedded wood chips, they were actually happy they had something warm to eat. They just didn't want it to go to your head.:rolleyes:

I know you weren't complaining, I was just stating why the buy went the way it did.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
11-12-2007, 11:50 AM,
shortreengage Wrote:Try man handling your 37mm ATGs into the buildings to cover thr streets. I have no complaints about the scenario from the Polish side.
I'm jst glad the Russians did'nt have any of those big romboid tanks crawling around through townEek

I've always wondered why SP allows guns and mortars into buildings that are still standing. Is the mortar shooting through the roof Eek , how the hell do you get an ATG or an 88 into a house without it crashing through the floor, not to mention getting it through a door. Now if the house is destroyed I could understand it.
11-12-2007, 12:57 PM,
I agree. But some of the lighter pieces might be able to be manhandled into position. Who is to say that a rubled or standing building is completly destroyed or intact. OTOH firing mortars from inside a building is much harder to justify. I would not want to fire a bazooka or RR gun from a confined space. All that said the Japanese had some very clever bunkers for mortars.
11-12-2007, 01:14 PM,
I thought each map was supposed to be 50 meters across? One average house dosn't fill this space, maybe the mortar/heavy ATG is set up in the backyard/other area sheltered by the building.
11-12-2007, 04:11 PM,
No one knows how much damaged the buildings are, there may be only three walls and the roof which allows even a tank parked in shooting through the window. Germans did fire 88s from buildings in NA, those buildings were probably just huts made of mud though. Keepitloki has a good point but there is one tiny problem, if you tow a gun there you always crash into the building.
Vesku

[Image: Medals50_thumb8.gif]
11-13-2007, 06:28 AM,
So how do I report the result of Keepitloki vs. Model?