• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Stalingrad Bridges
11-09-2007, 06:36 AM,
Stalingrad Bridges
I am playing a Stalingrad campaign as the axis and non of the engineers can damage a bridge. When ever I try it tells me the bridges are wired for demolition. But when I right click on the terrain hex it says there is a hv bridge but it doesn't have it WIRED. The same when I try moving onto a full hex bridge. When I commence bridge operations to wire it it says it already is, even the hex display doesn't show it to be wired.

When the Russians move next to a bridge you don't get the automatic attempt to blow the bridge. Is there no way to damage bridges in the scenario?

Glenn, I have btl file if you need one.
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2007, 06:50 AM,
RE: Stalingrad Bridges
As far as I know you can't damage a bridge in Uranus. When Ivan moves next to a bridge (or on to a big one) it may or may not blow, thats my experience. As for bridges that don't have the 'wired' status I am not sure.
11-09-2007, 08:43 AM,
RE: Stalingrad Bridges
Hi

Krak is correct - the only bridges that can blow in 'Grad are those which are "Wired", and therfore subject to the wired bridges rules in the manual.

None of the others which are not "wired" can be affected either by Axis engineers attempting to blow them, or by Axis units moving on to them

A word of warning to the Soviets - as previously mentioned - the full hex span bridges, if detonated, will take whatever unit is on them down into the water, gone forever, its therfore prudent to use a small probing recon force prior to, say, a big Cavalry battalion/regt !

Good luck

Cheers

Chris