see you later in the front!
Quote this message in a reply
10-30-2007, 05:20 PM,
RE: Help for install HPS games with Vista
Thats ok happy to help
10-31-2007, 02:45 AM,
I have try to used HPS sims but now the computer can't read the CD and I can't reinstalled S41

I am without brain against computer!!!
10-31-2007, 05:00 AM,
You want to make sure S'41 is uninstalled completely - if you already ran the uninstall, then there is probably something stuck in the registry indicating the game is installed. I don't know what to suggest in that case though, as I have not worked with Vista, in Win XP you would run regedit and search for smolensk entries and delete them.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
11-04-2007, 09:10 PM,
Could you sticky this?

I may need to buy a new PC which will have Vista and I do not want to have to spend hours questioning its parantage or looking for this thread.

Perhaps an idiots guide could be done by someone clever to help the lesser mortals like me who are IT challanged.

Mike
11-05-2007, 04:16 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-05-2007, 04:22 AM by Glenn Saunders.)
Mike Bowen Wrote:Could you sticky this? (SNIP)
Perhaps an idiots guide could be done by someone clever to help the lesser mortals like me who are IT challanged.

Mike:
Everything you need to know about VISTA and HPS Games in on the HPS Website off the main page at:

http://www.hpssims.com/vistahelp.htm

Basically install the game to a folder off the C drive – I called mine HPS and not to the default location:

C:\Program Files\HPS Simulations

...and everything should be OK. I am using a brand new Visa machine here that isn’t two days old and although some games have a problem with the intro movie and I think some may give an install shield error when you load (that does not impact thegame) you should be OK. I am using Vista Home with all the default settings. Some of the Sdmnrights stuff referred to here s for the busness edition I think.

Also patch with the newest HPS patch available – as Tiller corrected from programming issues surrounding Vista DLLs with the game code.

The issue this gentleman is now facing is not really Vista - I think he has deleted his game folder without removing it using Uninstall from the control panel. The same problem ould occur in XP.

Glenn
Send this user an email
11-05-2007, 04:37 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-05-2007, 04:38 AM by Glenn Saunders.)
Caseblue Wrote:I have try to used HPS sims but now the computer can't read the CD and I can't reinstalled S41

I am without brain against computer!!!

Caseblue:

This is really the sorta thing you should be talking with HPS Tech Support about. From what I can see you may have deleted the game from the file manager without removing it from control panel. But I am not certain.

HPS Support is at:
[email protected]

If my suspicion is correct they are likely best to help you correct the situation as I think the Registry edits are different inVista.

Glenn
Send this user an email
11-05-2007, 10:01 PM,
Merci Glenn

I have find the solution, I work now with XP and this is good.

I am bad in english and computer this is difficult to help me
11-06-2007, 02:17 PM,
Caseblue Wrote:Merci Glenn

I have find the solution, I work now with XP and this is good.

I am bad in english and computer this is difficult to help me

Please never apologize for your language skills with someone who can only communicate in one language and often not very good at that.:)

Glenn
Send this user an email
11-07-2007, 05:53 PM,
OK

see you later for other questions
bye