Fix for Divided Ground Visisble Hexes Bug
11-16-2008, 04:11 AM,
RE: Fix for Divided Ground Visisble Hexes Bug
bump for the newcomers to DG and DGVN
Quote this message in a reply
11-16-2008, 06:54 AM,
Thanks,

I've just downloaded the fix. It was an annoying niggle.
11-16-2008, 08:58 AM,
I'm computer challenged. When I left-click, I see the hexes. When I right-click, I get a number of options, but none of them stand out as the one I want to download it into my Divided Ground directory.

I went to the downloads, and there's a 1.02 patch, but I believe I already have that, and it doesn't cure the problem.

Anyone care to lend me hand and explain how to download this?
11-16-2008, 09:40 AM,
Right click, from the popout click Save target as...
Then navigate to your DG folder.
You should get an overwrite warning, click OK
11-16-2008, 10:04 AM,
Thanks, Junk2drive, that seems to have worked, unless I bungled it in some other manner.
11-16-2008, 10:19 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-16-2008, 01:16 PM by 1925frank.)
Well, I was able to overwrite the file, and I no longer have the blue hexes, but I have a different problem. I appear to have a two maps competing for the same screen. When I launched, I got a warning regarding the 4d.bmp file.

I didn't back up the original file, but I can always uninstall and reinstall, so that's not beyond my computer abilities, but does anyone have any idea what I could have done wrong?

Edit: My computer shows the Brown4d.bmp file exists but the file is empty.

2nd Edit: Fixed it. The file initially was downloaded as "attachment." For some reason that was the default name. When I realized this, I tried a second time and changed the save name form "attachment" to "Brown4d.bmp" and downloaded it. But it didn't work. As noted above, the Brown4d.bmp file was empty.

I looked for an "attachment" file and found one. I deleted the empty Brown4d.bmp file and changed the name of the "attachment" file to "Brown4d.bmp" and now everything works fine. The Brown5d.bmp still has a problem, but I never use the 5d map. If I want that view, I use the 2d maps.

Thanks a million. I use the 4d maps frequently, so this is a great enhancement.
11-17-2008, 01:12 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-17-2008, 01:16 AM by junk2drive.)
Warhorse, this doesn't seem to fix desert maps, just Med.

Do you have one for desert too?

Edit: Since JTCS WF NA maps don't seem to have this problem, can I just copy and paste those files into DG?