• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

10th Anniversary of the Campaign Series
10-27-2007, 06:43 AM,
10th Anniversary of the Campaign Series
I started playing East Front in 1997 but there may have been a disc out in 1996. Does anyone know?
I have checked many of the new Strategy games and CS still has more to offer. Combat Mission is good but I returned to the CS as I am so comfortable with the engine and would rather enjoy the many CS delights than start again. Monte Cristo introduced the 1.07 Gigabyte "Mockba to Berlin" which has great graphics, units and lots of movies during play but is hard to learn and does not offer suppor. I'ld rather play CS.

Why do I love CS?
After many major defeats by award winners I have found friends on my level who like to play then discuss the actions and history and our mistakes. After 10 years we are still learning!
I have over 1,000 CS games in my collection so have a huge pool to paddle in
The designers have given us many realistic scenarios of fascinating actions
It is great to replay History and understand it (and the Generals) better
There are heaps of great LCG's
I have over 14 CS discs (including the great #PB1) and am now sampling the delights of the Matrix collection which does not need disc changing!!
The new developments by Jason and his mates mean the CS is alive and still offering new mods.

A massive thank you to the many involved in developing the CS and servicing it through the Blitz. You have given many of us 10 years of pleasure with more to come!
Quote this message in a reply
10-27-2007, 07:20 AM,
RE: 10th Anniversary of the Campaign Series
I fully agree with Jim.
i didn´t know that it was back in 97 when EF came out. i thought it was 98. however the first day the game was released in germany i had it on my hands.
BUT i do remember the moments when i bought the game. i found an advertisment in a comptuer game magazine and i knew i HADTO buy this game. the images of the units reminded me also of the Airfix plastic 1:72 soldiers which i had collected as teenager. since than i never ever came across a better computer, board, card or any other game.

The first pre-game which resembles the Campaign Series is the Ardennes battle set. i´m proud that i have my copyBig Grin
(Naturally i also have all the Civil war and Napoleon battlegound editions).

salute to CS!

steffen
10-27-2007, 07:24 AM,
RE: 10th Anniversary of the Campaign Series
Pip Roberts Wrote:Why do I love CS?
After many major defeats by award winners I have found friends on my level who like to play then discuss the actions and history and our mistakes. After 10 years we are still learning!
The new developments by Jason and his mates mean the CS is alive and still offering new mods.

A massive thank you to the many involved in developing the CS and servicing it through the Blitz. You have given many of us 10 years of pleasure with more to come!

:bow::bow:cheers
I couldn't have said it any better. 10 years for a computer game is a ridiculous amount of shelf life.
The Matrix version is adding some great features. I am currently in a terrific test version of a game which involves, snipers, armoured trains that travel (staying on the tracks!), spotter planes and I'm hoping those German bombers take off (still unsure of this)
on the airfield I'm guarding.