• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Rating scenarios without any self reflection
10-24-2007, 04:43 AM,
Rating scenarios without any self reflection
Huib - I have to agree with Hawk on his replies! I was shocked to see you vent in the way you did, and that due to negative comments about your scenarios, you were going to pack your bags and leave!

Let me just say this - I really appreciate the fact that you design so many scenarios for this community, however, we all do not have to like everything you make. There are a few scenarios which you have made that I personnally do not like (too much infantry, etc) - but that should not make me out to be a bad guy - or anyone else, for stating an opinion.

You have to take the good with the bad my friend! Hang in there!
Quote this message in a reply
10-24-2007, 06:28 AM,
RE: Rating scenarios without any self reflection
To explain why I no longer release my .scn file nor send anything to h2h testing.
I design the scenarios because I think they are interesting and something(maybe I'm a frustrated artist) in me just has to put the thot to a file.I design for myself and I usually like what I design.There are lots of people who like and don't like them.I can't help that either way.I do feel Huib's pain as it always hurts to have negative feedback in regards to a labor of love but, I guess when you stick your neck out as we do every once in a while it gets chopped off.I still like my own scenarios so it's ok in the long run.

I don't send to h2h because I don't want any feedback into what units etc are in the scenario.They are based on semi historical info and I don't like comments like "The Germans should have Panthers to even things out" in a 1941 scenario.That sort of input is pretty useless.

I don't release .scn file anymore because I don't want anyone else to be editing them.There is one version and it the one I release.it's that simple.

Old fisherman's saying "Put your head down and keep going"

von Earlmann
"The secret to success is not just doing the things you enjoy but rather enjoying everything that you do."
Quote this message in a reply