• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Rating scenarios without any self reflection
10-28-2007, 04:26 AM,
RE: Rating scenarios without any self reflection
In the tank survival thread I commented that HTs should be easier to kill. If HTs were vulnerable there wouldn't be a debate. I would hope.

Back on track, I designed a few scens and mods for Combat Mission and have playtested bunches for Steel Panthers and CM. When I learn CS better I will contribute as time allows. I always advise other designers to make things for themselves. If they then choose to share with others, fine. But don't expect accolades in return.
Quote this message in a reply
10-28-2007, 05:35 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-28-2007, 05:37 AM by Herr Straße Laufer.)
RE: Rating scenarios without any self reflection
Maybe we can add a thread called: "Designing scenarios without any self reflection"? Big Grin

Where things can devolve is when a designer may simply feel the need to justify some aspect of the scenario, when a player was making a simple statement concerning enjoyment. But, if a designer wishes to make that kind of thread make sure that any criticism is for the comment and not the one who made it? ;)

Pretty maps are one thing. Accurate OOB's are another.
A balanced game, that can be enjoyed, is a thing of beauty.
It is probably the most important thing to me. Playing from either side and still having fun is why I play some scenarios over and over (not to count the grass either). There are few out there! :thumbs_up:

:chin: Halftracks!
"Slowly I turn. Step by step. Inch by inch." FieryWhip

I don't remember anyone having a problem with halftracks. :pullhair:
Quote this message in a reply