• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Which counts more ...
10-23-2007, 03:50 AM,
RE: Which counts more ...
junk2drive Wrote:I didn't know exiting was bad ettiquette. It is not in the other games I play.

In a tournament it is almost always against the rules to exit an unit except through your own exit hexes.

In regular games it is up to the opponents to decide.

I personally only exit units that are out of LOS of the enemy and only from my side of the board. And I seldom do that.

junk2drive Wrote:If this is wrong, let me know.

It all depends on your opponent and if he feels it is wrong.

Thanx!

Hawk
Quote this message in a reply
10-23-2007, 04:04 AM,
Hawk:

Again I see your arguement and your passion in doing the right thing. I go back to Panther asked for an opion and did not complain that Zeiss did anything wrong just that he thought per the rules he read on tournament play somewhere that he thought players were not allowed to use an exit hex. I quote: "I remember a rule that doesn´t allows to use a exit hex while a tourney game, but i didn´t know where. I´m sorry."

Yes he is not a beginner and looked to his brothers in arms for clarification. We all gave it to him. His comments can be construde as sour grapes. If that is the opinion of the reader then it will reflect in people not being willing to play him and as I pointed out it will have cut his own throat. Zeiss was very magnanimous and offered a comprimise. That will reflect on him as will what Panther does if he chooses to take that choice or not.

As for setting "a bad example for the next tournament", I am not sure I agree. The members of this club are self managing and have been very vocal on Panthers arguements and rightly so. I seriously doubt we will have another situation like this one and maybe I try to see to much of the good in mankind but honestly hope this was just a misunderstanding on Pather's part. If not I am sure the club members will deal with it in the same unbiased and open minded manner they did here by choosing to hear both sides of the argument and then providing informed opinions.

I appreciate your passion and comments on this topic even if I cannot agree with all of them.
10-23-2007, 04:15 AM,
majog Wrote:I quote: "I remember a rule that doesn´t allows to use a exit hex while a tourney game, but i didn´t know where. I´m sorry."

Yes, this has been a rule in almost all tourneys. But he misquoted the rule. The tournament rule has been that you cannot exit units off the board except at your own exit hexes. It is all players responsibilities to understand the rules of the tournament.

Here are your additional rules (which I found in 60 seconds):
Other rules:

majog Wrote:1. Must complete at least 3 turns per week.
2. Follow generic agreed upon DGVN rules posted on my website
(no heuy assualts without ground units, no helicopters occupying VP hexes unless out of movement points, etc.)
3. NO Whining!
4. No Cheating! LOL
5. You will have fun.

If one wanted to be a harda$$ about it Panther should be disqualified for violating rule #3! Big Grin

majog Wrote:I appreciate your passion and comments on this topic even if I cannot agree with all of them.

Fair enough.

Thanx!

Hawk
10-24-2007, 10:00 AM,
Hey Mr. Hawk Kriegsman, did i find a new “friend”?

As Jorge says, it´s a game between Zeiss and me. I use the right to ask in the Forum without any ulterior motives.

Some of your comments let me doubt that you understand my intention. Don´t know what your´s … but I think Jorge knows what he could do and didn´t need any heatings. Maybe it´s your kind, but it´s to ludicrous for spending more time to read and answer this comments ... the RoE No 20 should help.;)

Zeiss and I playing the game to the end.

Regards,
Stefan
I create and revise: Order of Battles, Table of Equipments, Weapon Values for Modern Wars (in work: DG Lebanon War 1982 - 1985, DG Falklands War and again CWE!)
10-24-2007, 07:51 PM,
Since someone mentioned it:

Club ROE's

Rule # 20

Message Boards are moderated by club leadership with discussions concerning historical and game issues relating to each individual ladder. While we respect free speech, we reserve the right to delete messages which we determine as off topic to the message board, unnecessarily inflammatory, and/or offensive.

Please refrain from personal attacks, ie namecalling, misuse of the reputation ratings to target an individual, or cursing on the message boards. Debate can become heated, but lets keep the flaming to a minimum so that we can have reasoned and impassioned discussion.

As with our gaming ladders, the related message boards are moderated by the Ladder Commanders and their Assistants. In all issues relating to message board content their word is final. If you have further issues with the board moderation contact the club senior officers.

I see no breach of the rules here. But, I think that we can consider this topic as completely "talked through"?