• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Minsk 44 Campaign Anyone?
10-23-2007, 11:08 AM,
RE: Minsk 44 Campaign Anyone?
Hey All,

Thanks for the candid discussion on this campaign. Since we are only on turn 2, I think we are going to switch to Sgt Fury's campaign.

cheers

Regards,

Marty
Quote this message in a reply
10-23-2007, 11:29 PM,
Hello everybody, thanks for all the imput.

As this game is really massive and time consuming we want to get this as near balanced and therefore as enjoyable for both players as is possible.
We will play Sgt Fury's Minsk'44 Byelorussia which after reading over the design notes looks to be a masterpiece, thanks David.

These are great games designed to give the player a taste of what the campaign was really like, a absolute disaster for the Germans.

I just love these games and happy that l live in the age of the computer with the ability to PBEM against fellow wargamers worldwide.

By the way l've already pbem the standard campaign as the Germans ( with fixed units ) l managed a draw.
10-24-2007, 12:56 AM,
Playing as the Russian Minsk '44 Byelorussia.
l have a question for Sgt Fury regarding historical set up and the option to place units elsewhere at start.
If l accept the Strategy option and place units at a different location at the start, will they be on map and available to move at beginning of campaign, or will this cause a delay to the arrival of these units.
10-24-2007, 03:08 AM,
Bagration Wrote:So wich way do you want to take? :smoke:

Where you accepting my offer for a game? :)
10-24-2007, 03:11 AM,
Disregard the above post as after reading the enclosed scenario notes l now understand that the units in question will not be released until the historical date.
10-24-2007, 03:20 AM,
Hi FLG, sorry not this time but l've no doubt this little discusion will renew the interest in Minsk'44 with Sgt Fury's Byelorussia mod being the main campaign game that people want to play.
10-24-2007, 04:18 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-24-2007, 04:19 AM by FLG.)
Lowlander Wrote:Hi FLG, sorry not this time but l've no doubt this little discusion will renew the interest in Minsk'44 with Sgt Fury's Byelorussia mod being the main campaign game that people want to play.

That's Ok lowlander, i would seriously like to play you. Anyone who can pull a draw for the Germans out of this game sounds like a worthy opponent.

I was actually refering to bargrations comment

So wich way do you want to take?

Which I didn't fully understand so was just trying to clarify if he was aksing for a game
10-24-2007, 04:25 AM,
Well to be honest l thought it was my delaying tactics which was fustrating my opponent but more likely it was the sheer size of the campaign game and constant clicking on the units which wore him down.
10-24-2007, 06:33 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-24-2007, 07:00 AM by Bushido.)
FLG,

as I said I play the stock sce. as russkie. I am also involved in many
other full campaigns. I have at the moment not time for more, sorry.

I would also add that I am not so good in these games so after your standard I think you need a way better opponent.
10-24-2007, 10:55 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-24-2007, 10:56 AM by von Nev.)
Lowlander Wrote:Well to be honest l thought it was my delaying tactics which was fustrating my opponent but more likely it was the sheer size of the campaign game and constant clicking on the units which wore him down.

AhA! I now have the strategy to win as the Germans! Be prepared for me to move my units so you have more clicks than normal. I shall prevail through clickie attrition! The person that avoids carpal tunnel syndrome will be the victor!

:stir:

Marty