• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

The life cycle of a CM meeting engagement
10-17-2007, 10:10 AM,
RE: The life cycle of a CM meeting engagement
Der Kuenstler Wrote:Well...the sometimes the truth hurts but...yes...lol

Nothing to worry about. It's like losing a lightning bolt throwing contest to Zeus.

Cheers!

Leto
Quote this message in a reply
10-17-2007, 11:19 AM,
Der Kuenstler Wrote:A reserve for me is not so much something I bring out because I need it, but more because my opponent doesn't expect it. It is not a major part of my fighting force - more like a single stealthy platoon, or a single high HE AFV, or a single hidden gun. These forces are revealed after the opponent has used much of his ammo, and decided he's seen everything I've got, and starts playing more recklessly - it has worked on me before and I've seen it work on many others.

Yeah, that's a good point - usually by about 3/4 of the way through the game, you can count on your opponent having let all the goodies like mortar rounds, hidden AT guns, and off-board arty fly...
10-17-2007, 10:10 PM,
I managed scrapping a draw out of a certain loss, by holding back my ATG fire until the last few turns and picking off a few Panzers that were empty of HE and driving around in the open, trying to seize more flags than they could handle... Big Grin
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
10-18-2007, 02:44 AM,
RedDevil Wrote:I managed scrapping a draw out of a certain loss, by holding back my ATG fire until the last few turns and picking off a few Panzers that were empty of HE and driving around in the open, trying to seize more flags than they could handle... Big Grin

"Waaaait for it now, lads.... Waaaaiiit for it.... Waaaaiiit for it... Waaiiiiiiitttt.....", twenty minutes later, sweat beading down their faces and stinging their eyes, fingernails chewed straight through to the bone: " waaaiiit for it... NOW, FIRE!!!!"

: )

Cheers!

Leto
10-18-2007, 03:48 AM,
[hirr Wrote:Leto]
RedDevil Wrote:I managed scrapping a draw out of a certain loss, by holding back my ATG fire until the last few turns and picking off a few Panzers that were empty of HE and driving around in the open, trying to seize more flags than they could handle... Big Grin

"Waaaait for it now, lads.... Waaaaiiit for it.... Waaaaiiit for it... Waaiiiiiiitttt.....", twenty minutes later, sweat beading down their faces and stinging their eyes, fingernails chewed straight through to the bone: " waaaiiit for it... NOW, FIRE!!!!"

Cheers!

Leto

Peter is feeling the effects of reserves in our current playtest arent you mate ?cheers
Antoni ChmielowskigGames Played : WiTP-AE, TOAW3,Gary Grigsbys War in The East/ War In The West
10-18-2007, 04:30 AM,
Antoni Chmielowski (FGM) Wrote:
[hirr Wrote:Leto]

Cheers!

Leto

Peter is feeling the effects of reserves in our current playtest arent you mate ?cheers

My bum doth hurt.

lol...

Cheers!

Leto
10-18-2007, 06:50 AM,

I have no idea what you're talking about. ;)

Although to be fair, that was a certain loss for me that I scraped a certain win out of thanks to some help from Mr. Bonus Turn, which you then scrapped a draw out of...

The sad thing is, exact same thing happened to me in a game vs. Zemke - I was moving too quick at the end of the game going for a flag or two that'd turn the game from a loss to a draw/win, and he picked apart my little Panther platoon from the side/back. Almost made me cry. Methinks I move too slow on the attack, I'm always trying to grab that critical flag with a few turns left and get myself burned...