• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

What Tactics Are Best When Playing the Underdog?
10-06-2007, 05:24 AM,
RE: What Tactics Are Best When Playing the Underdog?
Weasel Wrote:My last two game setups have been 1 squadron of tanks supporting 6 to 9 companies of infantry. I find I always run out of grunts, especially to artillery.

When getting a large infantry force like that do you mount them? When I played WaW I used to buy leg infantry because the front lines were pretty close together but they seem much further apart in MBT and I find if I get leg units it takes them half the game to get to the centre of the map.
Quote this message in a reply
10-06-2007, 06:03 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-06-2007, 06:04 AM by Weasel.)
RE: What Tactics Are Best When Playing the Underdog?
What I do is set up a relay. I will buy a motorized or mech company, and then buy one or two leg companies. The mech company will be in the front and will advance to contact. Once contact is made I will dismount and send the apcs back to pick up a leg company and bring them forward, unload them and do the same again. A thing to watch for is to make sure the apc/truck can carry the size of a leg squad. So I will buy a mech company and deploy behind it the leg companies; and do the same for the other mech companies.

While the mech company is moving forward the legs will march until picked up.

Now I don't do this all the time; if the game has lots of points then I will probably buy more mechanized companies and a couple of legs to secure the flanks. If lesser points then I will do the mix described above. But it is a good way of increasing your infantry on the ground without spending points on vehicles with useless HMGs on them.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
Quote this message in a reply