• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

73_1 yom kippur scenario
10-04-2007, 09:34 AM,
73_1 yom kippur scenario
I'm a bit puzzled at the releases in this one, I'm on Oct 9 now and I have units from Oct 6 that will not release..
the Arabs are walking all over me and I got units just sitting there fixed..

Is this normal?
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
Quote this message in a reply
10-04-2007, 09:54 AM,
RE: 73_1 yom kippur scenario
RedDevil Wrote:I'm a bit puzzled at the releases in this one, I'm on Oct 9 now and I have units from Oct 6 that will not release..
the Arabs are walking all over me and I got units just sitting there fixed..

Is this normal?

I don't have a 73_1 yom kippur scenario - but I do have a #73_1_Canal.scn

not trying to split hairs with this as but my #73_1_Canal.scn scn obviously covers part of the Yom Kippur situation - but the stock Scn starts at 12:00 6 Oct and lasts 15 turns so it shouldn't even get to 9 Oct. This makes me think you are playing a scn from another source - maybe check with the designer.

Glenn
Send this user an email
10-04-2007, 10:26 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-04-2007, 10:27 AM by RedDevil.)
ok this looks like one of Ed's inventions :)

'73_01yom kippur_ campaign

hey Ed what's up wit dat?
I need these bloody Israelis to be fighting..I'm reaching critical mass here and the region is going to be overrun by screaming Arabs
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
10-04-2007, 11:38 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-04-2007, 11:41 AM by Volcano Man.)
'73_01yom kippur_ campaign? I am not familiar with that scenario. Is this the filename? If not then let me know the filename and I will look it over. It would also help to know exactly which units are not being released.
Send this user an email
10-04-2007, 11:51 AM,
[Image: 73_1.gif]

[Image: me671.jpg]
10-04-2007, 12:11 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-04-2007, 12:13 PM by Volcano Man.)
Ok, that helps. Those units have 0%T release percentages. Later on, somewhere around the 18th or so they get higher release percentages (25%). The reason is that none of these units were present in either the Golan nor the Sinai sectors. These were units that were stationed either along Lebanon border or along the Jordanian border / West Bank area.

If the enemy advances into Israeli territory and engages these units then they will be released in those cases (triggered). Otherwise they will never be released until the 18th, very late in the scenario when they could have (but did not) participate in the war. In other words, this is intentional.
Send this user an email
10-04-2007, 09:57 PM,
pity it is intentional then, really makes things disenchanting as one can only feed the meager reinforcements in piecemeal and in due effect be defeated in detail
10-05-2007, 01:40 AM,
Nice intel :)
10-05-2007, 12:15 PM,
RedDevil Wrote:pity it is intentional then, really makes things disenchanting as one can only feed the meager reinforcements in piecemeal and in due effect be defeated in detail

True, but that is basically the way it happened too. ;)
Send this user an email