• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

1st Kill - Silent Hunter 3
11-04-2007, 05:48 AM,
RE: 1st Kill - Silent Hunter 3
I paid 19.99 for my Graw2 game at Target a long while back and I see they have Rb6 Vegas for 19.99 now too.. might get that :)
I'm having a bit of fun with the ageia physx as it is neat to see the stuff flying all around now

I chased a sound contact in heavy storm conditions near Scapa Flow and after several hours of sailing found a tugboat :( (No ship camera)
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
Quote this message in a reply
11-04-2007, 06:39 AM,
Fubar Wrote:I still find the TDC in SH3 much easier to use than the SH4 one, I have a much higher hit rate in GWX than TM. Man those destroyers in TM 1.6.4 can hear a gnat fart at 4 miles, anything faster than silent running brings them breathing down my neck in minutes. Just what use are the decoys.....haven't had any luck with them yet.

Spooky you should mention TM, i've just finished installing 1.6.4 plus the ROW mod and now i'm wondering if i need the NSM mod as well.

I wonder if the new SH4 patch will break all the mods or if they will still be OK with a little tinkering ?

cheers

I was trying to find the ROW mod he was speaking of but couldn't.

I have been having problems with my SH3; in the middle of the day the sky is totally black, has anyone else had this problem? I am using GWX and SH3 C, starting to wonder if SH3 C has to go. My re known is still -7000 from sinking those hospital and neutral ships.

And yes I agree, the Jap destroyers hear everything! That is what I said earlier, they are far tougher then the US/UK destroyers in SH3. Even when I was sitting on the bottom with silent running they were finding me.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
11-04-2007, 06:40 AM,
RedDevil Wrote:I paid 19.99 for my Graw2 game at Target a long while back and I see they have Rb6 Vegas for 19.99 now too.. might get that :)
I'm having a bit of fun with the ageia physx as it is neat to see the stuff flying all around now

I chased a sound contact in heavy storm conditions near Scapa Flow and after several hours of sailing found a tugboat :( (No ship camera)

I still haven't played GRAW2 yet. I am almost done GRAW but I don't put much time into them. That is great price for GRAW2.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
11-04-2007, 07:04 AM,
if you ever wanna hook up for some GRAW online it's good fun to go against the AI as a Team and do missions.. Bootie and I had a load of fun using mics and talking via Skype. Iknow you said you didn't like online but it's a whole new perspective for this type of gaming when you don't know what your partner is up to and he steps in front of your gun when you shot and kill him LOL
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
11-04-2007, 07:13 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-04-2007, 07:32 AM by Fubar.)
Weasel Wrote:I was trying to find the ROW mod he was speaking of but couldn't.

I have been having problems with my SH3; in the middle of the day the sky is totally black, has anyone else had this problem? I am using GWX and SH3 C, starting to wonder if SH3 C has to go. My re known is still -7000 from sinking those hospital and neutral ships.

And yes I agree, the Jap destroyers hear everything! That is what I said earlier, they are far tougher then the US/UK destroyers in SH3. Even when I was sitting on the bottom with silent running they were finding me.

Here is a link to the ROW mod...

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=122408

I don't use SH3 commander, if that's what you mean by SH3 C, but i've not had any probs with GWX so far.

They keep saying TM has probs in higher resolutions but i'm playing in 1680x1050 and haven't seen anything wrong so far :conf:

As for online shooters you can't beat TF2 ATM.

cheers
11-04-2007, 08:19 AM,
RedDevil Wrote:if you ever wanna hook up for some GRAW online it's good fun to go against the AI as a Team and do missions.. Bootie and I had a load of fun using mics and talking via Skype. Iknow you said you didn't like online but it's a whole new perspective for this type of gaming when you don't know what your partner is up to and he steps in front of your gun when you shot and kill him LOL

Hi Randy; I have been thinking about it since last time you mentioned it, but like I said I am so hit and miss with my games. What I like playing today I don't want to play tomorrow. Currently at this time I am playing: SH3, SH4, Brothers in arms earned in blood and road to hill 30, and ghost recon. Today it is SH3. When are you available mostly?
11-04-2007, 08:21 AM,
Fubar Wrote:
Weasel Wrote:I was trying to find the ROW mod he was speaking of but couldn't.

Here is a link to the ROW mod...

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=122408

I don't use SH3 commander, if that's what you mean by SH3 C, but i've not had any probs with GWX so far.

They keep saying TM has probs in higher resolutions but i'm playing in 1680x1050 and haven't seen anything wrong so far :conf:

As for online shooters you can't beat TF2 ATM.

cheers

I like SH3 C but I do believe it is the problem with GWX. The sky has been black during the day but when I get attacked the sky is blue in the camera window. I have never had this problem before until I switched to the new SH3 C and GWX. Going to uninstall and try without SH3.
11-28-2007, 05:45 AM,
Fubar Wrote:I still find the TDC in SH3 much easier to use than the SH4 one, I have a much higher hit rate in GWX than TM. Man those destroyers in TM 1.6.4 can hear a gnat fart at 4 miles, anything faster than silent running brings them breathing down my neck in minutes. Just what use are the decoys.....haven't had any luck with them yet.

Spooky you should mention TM, i've just finished installing 1.6.4 plus the ROW mod and now i'm wondering if i need the NSM mod as well.

I wonder if the new SH4 patch will break all the mods or if they will still be OK with a little tinkering ?

cheers

Go to this link:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthre...ge=5&pp=20

and download the three videos on how to use the TDC in SH4. They are fantastic and made me realize I didn't know what I was doing!
11-29-2007, 06:59 AM,
Wow.....i just watched all three videos, i think i may as well throw that crappy manual out the window for all the use it is. Those videos explained the TDC in a far more clear way than the book.

I see they have released the Uboat download for SH4 now.

cheers
11-29-2007, 09:06 AM,
Fubar Wrote:Wow.....i just watched all three videos, i think i may as well throw that crappy manual out the window for all the use it is. Those videos explained the TDC in a far more clear way than the book.

I see they have released the Uboat download for SH4 now.

cheers

Funny, same thing I said at Subsim...too bad Ubisoft didn't devote some of the 100 pages to how to actually fire a torpedo.

I wait on the uboat thing.