• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Poll: Who will win?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
POS
29.41%
5 29.41%
the other one!
70.59%
12 70.59%
Total 17 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

The Biggest Challenge of the 21st century : The battle between POS & ????
09-23-2007, 04:37 AM,
RE: The Biggest Challenge of the 21st century : The battle between POS & ????
PoorOldSpike Wrote:
Koen Wrote:the scenario was to be build by a highly experienced designer [f.e. MR]

AARGHHH!!
Mad Russian has publicly stated more than once that he's ALWAYS going to put Regular tanks in his scenarios!!!
(In fact that's the main reason why he didn't win the Scen Designer Trophy this year)
As I've said, I'll look at ANY scen by ANY designer, and if me and my opponent like it we'll play it.. :)

That's the point of the challenge, play a historical/realistic/balanced game.

Something, it seems, you don't want to play.
visit WaT HERE!!!
Quote this message in a reply
09-23-2007, 04:53 AM,
I didnt vote for a scenario designer of the year. Who was on the panel of judges?
09-23-2007, 04:54 AM,
Ko quote - That's the point of the challenge, play a historical/realistic/balanced game.
Something, it seems, you don't want to play
---------------------------------------

If its well-balanced that's good..:)
But how will I know its well-balanced?
09-23-2007, 05:01 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-23-2007, 05:02 AM by Jock.)
PoorOldSpike Wrote:Ko quote - That's the point of the challenge, play a historical/realistic/balanced game.
Something, it seems, you don't want to play
---------------------------------------

If its well-balanced that's good..:)
But how will I know its well-balanced?

Trust in the designer? And you could mirror it too maybe?
09-23-2007, 05:03 AM,
SoG Wrote:I didnt vote for a scenario designer of the year. Who was on the panel of judges?

I was the sole judge and jury mate.. :)
As you're new here, let me just modestly introduce you to my impeccable credentials-

[Image: WPCTIA.jpg]

PLAYED c600 lost c180
RUGGED DEFENSE LADDER LEADER 2003
APPUI-FEU LADDER LEADER 2004
WPC LADDER LEADER 2006
Knights Cross, Iron Cross, Tank Combat Badges, General Assault Badges, Anti-Partisan Badges etc
09-23-2007, 05:06 AM,
Mods, please close this thread an rename it "The Biggest Joke of the 21st Century".

And let this stand as testimony that POS DOES NOT ACCEPT ANY AND ALL CHALLENGES, as he has very well proven that he will only accept challenges on a very narrow set of parameters that advantages him.

Forthwith and forsooth, I declare POS: stripped of any self anointed rank of general, and that he be disbarred as three time ladder leader and assign him to peeling potatoes in the mess haul as a private.... no class...

: )

Moderators: please disbar any posting of POS's self created medals and strike any reference he makes to himself as a triple ladder leader, colossus, or CM holy man from the records of the blitz for all time.

Cheers!

Leto
09-23-2007, 05:09 AM,
PoorOldSpike Wrote:
SoG Wrote:I didnt vote for a scenario designer of the year. Who was on the panel of judges?

I was the sole judge and jury mate.. :)
As you're new here, let me just modestly introduce you to my impeccable credentials-

[Image: WPCTIA.jpg]

PLAYED c600 lost c180
RUGGED DEFENSE LADDER LEADER 2003
APPUI-FEU LADDER LEADER 2004
WPC LADDER LEADER 2006
Knights Cross, Iron Cross, Tank Combat Badges, General Assault Badges, Anti-Partisan Badges etc

What do all those things mean? Did you give them to yourself as well? I have never heard of those ladders too. How does that qualify you to give awards?

Very strange as I can give awards too if I want, not difficult really. I have just looked at your record here and its not very good.
09-23-2007, 05:40 AM,
PoorOldSpike Wrote:Not a chance, so come on guys - (Leto, Koen, GangofMao, Kineas, Coil, Peek, Mad Russian, BannonDC, Geordie, Stoffel etc) you're all welcome to sign up.. :)

Sure, I'm game providing it's done to the parameters Koen specified in his original post.
09-23-2007, 06:01 AM,
PoorOldSpike Wrote:
Koen Wrote:the scenario was to be build by a highly experienced designer [f.e. MR]

AARGHHH!!
Mad Russian has publicly stated more than once that he's ALWAYS going to put Regular tanks in his scenarios!!!
(In fact that's the main reason why he didn't win the Scen Designer Trophy this year)
As I've said, I'll look at ANY scen by ANY designer, and if me and my opponent like it we'll play it.. :)

What's this??? :conf:

I said no such thing!!!

I said I will put whatever experience levels in my scenarios I need to make the scenario historically accurate.

That doesn't mean ALWAYS Regular tank crews! It means anything from Elite down to and INCLUDING Conscript crews as well. I said nothing about just using Regular crews!! Big Grin

Keep that Designers Trophy POS and give it to someone deserving. I"m certainly not deserving of it. There are dozens of designers that do a better job than I do.

Good Hunting.

MR
09-23-2007, 06:13 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-23-2007, 06:20 AM by Mad Russian.)
PoorOldSpike Wrote:PS - Incidentally Leto, you're welcome to sign up for the Pothman Challenge, same goes for everybody else who are trying to wriggle out of it by calling me names in the hope i'll ban them from entering..;)
Not a chance, so come on guys - (Leto, Koen, GangofMao, Kineas, Coil, Peek, Mad Russian, BannonDC, Geordie, Stoffel etc) you're all welcome to sign up.. :)

I entered one of your tournaments before remember? Remember how that went? When I asked you when it started after having to join it FOUR SEPARATE TIMES? You told me I wasn't in the tournament any longer.

You remember what I told you about ever being in another of your tournaments? Do I need to refresh your memory? I didn't think so..my reply is still in the POS Combat Trophy Tournament Forum on this site.

Nice of you to challenge Geordie here on Blitz too! Where you know he can't answer you.

As has been pointed out, if the scenario doesn't match exactly what you want you won't play. No surprises, which insures you have a good chance at winning. I for am not interested in playing your strict limitations.

BTW, I also agree with you. GoM, Koen, and the rest are trying to set you up!!!! Anything they pick for you to play, other than a scenario that meets your strict standards, you have little chance of winning. Which is what they want to show the world. Don't fall for that trap POS!! Don't let yourself get in a position that you have a good chance at not winning!!

Don't let those chattering chimps dog you POS!! You're forever the lion!

Round and round the mulberry bush the chimps chased the lion!

The chimps thought it was all in fun!

POP goes the lion!
Whip

The lion has left the building!!

This is a HUGE waste of time.

Good Hunting.

MR