• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Poll: Who will win?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
POS
29.41%
5 29.41%
the other one!
70.59%
12 70.59%
Total 17 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

The Biggest Challenge of the 21st century : The battle between POS & ????
09-23-2007, 12:57 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-23-2007, 01:30 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
RE: The Biggest Challenge of the 21st century : The battle between POS & ????
Quit changing the rules to your own flavor POS. You are showing some pretty yellow racing stripes right about now.
Cheers!
Leto
-------------------------------------------------

Speaking of yellow streaks mate its been 9 weeks now since you beat me at 'Fireflies v Tigers' but you're still avoiding starting a rematch, I'd have thought you'd be keen to show your win wasn't just a fluke.. ;)

PS - Incidentally Leto, you're welcome to sign up for the Pothman Challenge, same goes for everybody else who are trying to wriggle out of it by calling me names in the hope i'll ban them from entering..;)
Not a chance, so come on guys - (Leto, Koen, GangofMao, Kineas, Coil, Peek, Mad Russian, BannonDC, Geordie, Stoffel etc) you're all welcome to sign up.. :)

[Image: cluck1.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
09-23-2007, 01:28 AM,
Well, at least I tried.

I gave you the chance to stop 'talking the talk' & to start 'walking the walk' but you don't seem upto it.

You make U-turns, you take deviations, you even start new stories about old stuff.

And now you turn it 180° and start challenging the whole world.

How can you start challenging people when you haven't accepted the 1st challenge?

Really POS, this is the moment, this is the time, these are the reactions that will go into peoples memories when they think of you.

You could've shown to everybody that they were/are wrong.

K:stir:
visit WaT HERE!!!
09-23-2007, 01:52 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-23-2007, 01:58 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
Already the whole CM community is buzzing with excitement as they eagerly tell each other - "POS has challenged the entire Blitz membership to take him on, wow what a true Pothman he is, let's just see who has the nerve to go up against him"..:)

"Why, man, he doth bestride the narrow world
Like a Colossus; and we petty men
Walk under his huge legs and peep about
To find ourselves dishonorable graves"
Shakespeare, Caesar Act 1 sc 2

[Image: colossus1.png]
09-23-2007, 02:04 AM,
I rest my case.

Quote:something that you say when someone says or does something that proves the truth of something you have just said. 'It's time Nigel left home, or he'll never learn to be independent.' 'He doesn't even know how to boil an egg.' 'I rest my case.'

Quote:you have proved that what I just said is true. Ned's mother said he needs to leave home or he'll never be independent. His sister said, “But he can't even do his wash!” and his mother replied, “I rest my case.”
visit WaT HERE!!!
09-23-2007, 02:25 AM,
It's okay Ko mate, I understand the difficult position you're in, you're keen to show that even though you won the Scenario Designer Trophy, you're not a mate of Pothmans, hence you're calling me names to stay in good standing with your cronies.. :)
See, I know a bit about psychology because I was once sent to a psychiatrist.. :)
09-23-2007, 02:38 AM,
PoorOldSpike Wrote:It's okay Ko mate, I understand the difficult position you're in, you're keen to show that even though you won the Scenario Designer Trophy, you're not a mate of Pothmans, hence you're calling me names to stay in good standing with your cronies.. :)
See, I know a bit about psychology because I was once sent to a psychiatrist.. :)

I never call 'names':angry:, 'calling names' is for me the proof of weakeness.
I'm not showing anything to anyone.

This thread was released to keep the FGM roll free from spam.
This thread was released to start a fight between yourself & an opponent in a well balanced realistic fight.

If you want to go a different direction you're free to open a new thread for your tourney.

The story remains the same though....you're still refusing the challenge with the parameters I gave you.
And those parameters wire minimal and neutral to both sides.

K:stir:
visit WaT HERE!!!
09-23-2007, 04:05 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-25-2007, 09:57 PM by Jock.)
Like a Leopard, POS cannot change his spots. He won't accept a battle that he has not played before, has not seen before, has not designed himself or knows that he is out of his depth.

I understand that like other very old men he cannot adapt to new things. Maybe he should just stick to playing Dominoes in his old folks home...
09-23-2007, 04:08 AM,
Ko quote - The story remains the same though....you're still refusing the challenge with the parameters I gave you.
------------------------------------

Ah, but your idea of what makes a good scenario might be different to mine.. :)
For example half the tanks in your 'Smoking Barrels' scenario are useless regulars that refuse to stand and fight, totally unrealistic, they should have all been vets because reg tanks ruin scenarios.
If you're planning to make me play another scen blind with more useless regs in it, forget it..:)
I suggest you send my opponent a copy of the scenario to inspect in the editor, and also send me a copy to inspect, then if we both like it and think its good and well-balanced I'll play it..:)
See how fair Pothman is?
09-23-2007, 04:23 AM,
PoorOldSpike Wrote:Ko quote - The story remains the same though....you're still refusing the challenge with the parameters I gave you.
------------------------------------
Ah, but your idea of what makes a good scenario might be different to mine.. :)
For example half the tanks in your 'Smoking Barrels' scenario are useless regulars that refuse to stand and fight, totally unrealistic, they should have all been vets because reg tanks ruin scenarios.
If you're planning to make me play another scen blind with more useless regs in it, forget it..:)
I suggest you send my opponent a copy of the scenario to inspect in the editor, and also send me a copy to inspect, then if we both like it and think its good and well-balanced I'll play it..:)
See how fair Pothman is?

1. Smoking Barrels is a FUN scenario which I told you before, twice
2. Smoking Barrels has nothing to do with the challenge
3. It's NOT my scenario or my parameters, as I said before, 5 times or such, the scenario was to be build by a highly experienced designer [f.e. MR] and judged by other experienced players/testers
4. you're still forcing your parameters which are NOT realistic/historical
5. you still want to inspect it before you play it

We're still paddling on the same spot.
visit WaT HERE!!!
09-23-2007, 04:34 AM,
Koen Wrote:the scenario was to be build by a highly experienced designer [f.e. MR]

AARGHHH!!
Mad Russian has publicly stated more than once that he's ALWAYS going to put Regular tanks in his scenarios!!!
(In fact that's the main reason why he didn't win the Scen Designer Trophy this year)
As I've said, I'll look at ANY scen by ANY designer, and if me and my opponent like it we'll play it.. :)