• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Shoot&Scoot...
09-21-2007, 08:13 AM,
Shoot&Scoot...
...Just wondering how often others use this command...?
Quote this message in a reply
09-21-2007, 09:01 AM,
RE: Shoot&Scoot...
Almost never. Once used it with an Sd251/10 (little 37mm armed halftrack) to take distracting potshots at T34s so my PIIIHs had a chance...that worked quite well.
09-21-2007, 10:30 AM,
...seems like everytime i try and use it,
I die...lol
09-21-2007, 10:37 AM,
I have used it to force "Reg" Russian tanks to take shots at German tanks they normally retreat when seeing. In one game the Russians had misidentified a PzIV as a Tiger. They would hunt forward until seeing the "Tiger" and then reverse, without taking a shot. Only shoot and scoot would work to make them take a shot. Have fun, VS
09-21-2007, 10:39 AM,
...Thanx
Thats a way to use it i not know of before...
09-24-2007, 06:06 PM,
On the disc there is a training scenario (can't rememeber the name) of which in the manual there is a "how to play" description.
It should be played as russian.

Advice in the manual is to use the shoot-and-scoot command a lot. It did work in that game. The more numerous JS2's were able to KO the Panthers and Tigers from long distance and while scooting could reload.

Nowadays I hardly use it, because it is hard to determine the spot from which your armour is supposed to shoot from. You want it right at the spot from which it can target the enemy armour, but since it is a "fast" command for the first part (and not "hunt"), your armour stops only at the end of that command line. If not plotted right, your own armour has been shot at already, before it stops and tries to acquire a target. Takes one shot, which usually misses, and retreats (during which it doesn't shoot either). Your opponent can shoot 3 maybe 4 times during the time your armour is visible, which gives it a great opportunity to kill the shooting-and scooting armour.

Perhaps it is better to give your armour a hunt command and a long pause, so that near the end of the turn the armour starts to move and can take its shot when it acquire a target and -hopefully- is still hulldown. During the next orderphase you can order it to retreat. Gives you a kind of hunt-and-scoot command.
Problem here of course is to set the right pause-time..
09-25-2007, 05:28 AM,
...Aloha
Thanks for the tip...
I can see that in a small battle,
but could become overwhelming on a large battle...
still,i will try that out

GoM
09-25-2007, 05:37 AM,
I use it quite a lot.... especially if Im hid behind say a building... be sure to set your armour arc so that your gun is pointing the way you want or you will roll out and have to wait for your turret to traverse before letting fly.
09-25-2007, 05:44 AM,
I think that's the Jaegermaister scenario...and it's hard to outsnipe the Tigers even with SnScooting IS-2s.

I use this command very frequently, it's useful to recon what's over the ridge. Sometimes enemy ATGs or tanks reveal themselves and miss for the first shot. But it's a useful command for dueling too.
09-25-2007, 07:42 AM,
Bootie/kineas...
thanx for the feedback...
and Bootie,yes i've learned to set my Arcs now,
after as you said,waiting on turrent to turn...lol
kineas,you're the first to say you use if often...
I never thought of using it in a duel before,
Thanx for the tip...

GoM