• Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

New Figure Mod For Eagles Strike
09-21-2007, 02:53 AM,
New Figure Mod For Eagles Strike
Hi All,

Here is a new mod for Eagles Strike. It is available at
http://www.wargamer.com/gamesdepot/details.asp?sid=4510.

This mod replaces your 2d units with figures instead of head and shoulders. I have had the idea for a while and then became interested again upon Ozgur Budak making his counter mod for ES. I have built upon that mod using various techniques . I hope you all enjoy the result. You may find that they look best with my counter mods. At the moment I use only my Blue Counters for all Axis and Green for all Allies. Of course they will work with any counter set. You may reach me at [email protected] with any comments or suggestions.

Best Regards

John Adams (z1812)

1. Unzipp the file to whatever your normal location may be for your unzipped files.

2. Open the folder.

3. Copy the files to your Eagles Strike/Map folder
Quote this message in a reply
09-21-2007, 02:58 AM,
RE: New Figure Mod For Eagles Strike
Hi All,

The follwing are a few pics of the mod. These are some of the American Airborne.

.jpg   AA.jpg (Size: 43.05 KB / Downloads: 71)
09-21-2007, 03:01 AM,
Hi all,

Here are some other pics. Heer, FJ and, Brits.

Regards John

.jpg   GH.jpg (Size: 24.02 KB / Downloads: 76)
.jpg   GA.jpg (Size: 28.79 KB / Downloads: 58)
.jpg   BRIT.jpg (Size: 30.09 KB / Downloads: 61)
09-21-2007, 06:46 AM,
Thanks John! A very nice surprise!
Send this user an email
09-21-2007, 12:22 PM,
Hi All,

Sorry about the link being wrong here is the right one:

http://www.wargamer.com/gamesdepot/details.asp?sid=4510
09-27-2007, 01:49 AM,
Great, smashing, super, l had lost interest in these games but your mod revives memories of the Avalon Hill games which although works of art were nearly unplayable.

The great thing about HPS games is no matter how big or complicated the scenario the games are playable to a conclusion.

l have never liked the head and shoulders 2D graphics but your mod has enhanced the game no end, dare l ask , any chance of upgrading the others in the series.

Thanks for taking the time to improve the art and for sharing your work with your fellow gamers.
09-28-2007, 04:38 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-28-2007, 04:40 AM by Lowlander.)
Yes yes yes, l tried the mod with AotR and ToD, just had a quick look around a large scenario in both games and it's looking good.

However in my other game The Korean War, some of the Canadian troops don't show up just the blank counter, which is a shame, but never mind. Can see myself finally starting to play in 2D, thanks again.
09-28-2007, 07:38 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-01-2007, 12:36 AM by z1812.)
Hi Lowlander,

The figure mod is only made for Eagles Strike. I would be surprised if it looked appropriate in other titles.

You could also try my complete mod for ES it is also at the wargamer under Sqaud Battles. This mod also does 2d vehicles and changes quite a number of things.

regards John
09-30-2007, 01:33 AM,
l can confirm your mod works with other games as discribed above but will have a go against the Al over the weekend, would another player like to check this out ?, of course you can save the original files first. The 2D figure counters just seem to blend in better with the games 2D terrain no matter what nationality they represent.
11-01-2007, 10:21 PM,
Hi John,
In a previous post l stated that your mod works with the four Squad Battles games which l have, except The Korean War where some of the Canadian units are only blank counters.
l think this might be due to the fact that in Eagles Strike the units are under "Canada" but in The Korean War the units are under "Canadian".
I understand that your mod was only for Eagles Strike but they look really good to me in any of the games.