• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Repeating sounds in PzCs using the latest updates?
09-17-2007, 06:22 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-17-2007, 06:29 AM by Volcano Man.)
Repeating sounds in PzCs using the latest updates?
I have to ask, has anyone else experienced repeating sounds in the latest updates? It forces me to turn my hardware acceleration on my sound card off each time I want to play the newly made (B45) / updated games. I don't think that the problem is isolated with only my computer though as I have heard of at least one other person with this problem.

In order to figure out what it is, can you post if you have experienced this and what kind of sound card you have?
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
09-17-2007, 07:13 AM,
RE: Repeating sounds in PzCs using the latest updates?
I've had it happen, though not often. Never tracked which game/scenario I was playing at the time. If I shut the game down and restart then it ceases. Never made any changes to "acceleration" or the like.

According to the system print out my audio is a "RealTek AC97." Hope that's the card...
09-17-2007, 08:49 AM,
You might want to contact Rich Hamilton on this Ed as he has a lot of experience with this sorta thing.
Send this user an email
09-17-2007, 10:04 AM,
Ed, every time I talk to John about this, and I have done so several times - he tells me its a DirectX issue on the user system and that he doesn't have a programming fix. So, my only recourse is to provide people with these potential solutions:

1) Update your sound card drivers.

2) Reduce the "Hardware Acceleration" setting for your sound card

3) Open Windows Media Player...then select Library/More Options. There, select the tab labeled Monitor Folders. WMP will search all files for media files for a couple of minutes, and eventually create links to all the sound files in the games.

4) If none of the other items solves the problem you can investigate your system resources. I've had it reported before that a sound card was sharing the resources on a guys system with his hard drive controller. He moved his sound card to a new PCI slot that didn't share any resources and his problems went away for good.
09-17-2007, 11:37 AM,
Right, I agree that it is a direct X issue with the latest updates and not the game itself, I guess I was just trying to determine if it was common with the sound card I have (Sound Blaster Audigy 2).
Send this user an email
09-17-2007, 11:49 AM,
I've had dozens of reports of it over the years, so I'm pretty sure it isn't related to a single sound card, however the Sound Blaster cards do seem to be more susceptible to it, for what ever reason.
09-17-2007, 03:15 PM,
I have had this happen also. Not often enough for me to think I need a solution. Seemed rather random. Only annoying when watching a huge campaign game replay, then I reach for the mute until the replay ends. A quick save game, exit, restart the game and all is well.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
09-18-2007, 02:22 AM,
Ok, thanks for all the info! I am not too worried about it since I will be getting a new PC soon with Vista. My sound card is about five plus years old and I am sure the recent Direct X changes is what is causing it.

Hearing that it is not restricted to my sound card is reassuring that I don't need to rush out and buy a new one.
Send this user an email