• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Can a T-80 get airborne ?
09-12-2007, 04:31 AM,
RE: Can a T-80 get airborne ?
Weasel Wrote:what do you do with all those things? I thought at first maybe they were GHQ miniatures for wargaming, but you state they are 1/72 size.

well long ago I used to play table top games with my pals using all 1/72 pieces, now they are stored in a box awaiting the next urge to conquer a tabletop and I put them together for a relaxing hobby

I have about 3500+ men as well, but those suckers are not going to be painted anytime soon..
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
Quote this message in a reply
09-12-2007, 05:28 AM,
RedDevil Wrote:
Weasel Wrote:what do you do with all those things? I thought at first maybe they were GHQ miniatures for wargaming, but you state they are 1/72 size.

well long ago I used to play table top games with my pals using all 1/72 pieces, now they are stored in a box awaiting the next urge to conquer a tabletop and I put them together for a relaxing hobby

I have about 3500+ men as well, but those suckers are not going to be painted anytime soon..

I played GHQ table top Civil War miniatures, but it was hard finding opponents. I guess now with computers it is damn near impossible. I was painting my soldiers, but it was pretty damn boring work.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
09-12-2007, 01:09 PM,
Offtop:

Yes in a Super Series - we really have very badly played.
09-12-2007, 03:32 PM,
Weasel Wrote:That is pretty cool. I am always impressed by how low to the ground the Soviets built their tanks. They have them sitting besides M60s in Borden and man, the M60 is a building compared to the T72.

Hey Vesa, you feeling better now? Did you get to watch the Super Series? I feel really bad for the Russian kids, poor coaching made them look bad and now they are being blamed for it.

Yep, thanks for asking. Do you have time to start next battle? Super Series didn't catch my eye.
Vesku

[Image: Medals50_thumb8.gif]
09-12-2007, 03:36 PM,
RedDevil Wrote:
Vesku Wrote:
RedDevil Wrote:Dev's models link

Your panther is a good example how a little camo paint can distort the shape ... and I didn't even recognize the AC, German, 234/4 perhaps? Those are 1/72 models, right?

Yes the tanks are all 1/72 scale, the planes are all 1/35 except for the corsair.
the AC is indeed a 234/4 but sadly it got crushed under the foot of a giant by accident and was not repairable..:(
it now lives on as parts in my junk box

I've gotten better over the years with the painting as the extra track pieces on that Panther shouldn't be so shiny and camo-ed in reality :P

I have 3 more models of Panthers to finish up so perhaps I will get them to look even better.

I had about 20 tank models way back in time (platoon of T-34s were my favorite)... and about 2000 men ... all painted, have to agree with Chris, that was a real pain, eyes were in agony for days after painting a hundred. Maybe they are all still hidden somewhere in the attic??? I should take a look if I can find them.
Vesku

[Image: Medals50_thumb8.gif]
09-13-2007, 05:47 AM,
KraMax (SPR) Wrote:Offtop:

Yes in a Super Series - we really have very badly played.

I will agree that some Russian players never showed up to play, but all in all the kids played hard and should not be blamed. People forget that these are just 16 to 18 year old kids. If they were pros being paid two million a year then I would be upset, but not with kids. The coach should be fired for sure.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha