• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Have you ever??
09-07-2007, 02:07 PM,
RE: Have you ever??
I run SLI cards. 2 graphic cards sharing the load with 2 Gforce 7600GT cards. It basically shares the load between the 2 cards especially with graphic intensive programs. I can run WOW flawlessly at the highest settings even running a 2.4 GHZ AMD non-dual core processor. Windows just released a new patch for Vista which finally gave them the tweak they needed to run even better )
Quote this message in a reply
09-07-2007, 06:21 PM,
Iwo Jim Wrote:Ok after reading all your posts I had to see what all the fuss was about so I purchased SH3 via digital download and then installed the GWX Mod, I’ve been playing around with it ever since I was finally able to sink something tonight, the whole AOB and Gryo angle still has me a bit confused still trying to figure it out, but the game looks great and has definitely piqued my interest……cheers

There used to be an excellent online community manual where i learnt all about manual firing solutions, working out target speeds and how to plot intercept courses. But i've tried visiting it recently and it seems to have moved. :(

If i find it again i'll post a link.

cheers
09-08-2007, 03:21 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-08-2007, 03:22 AM by Weasel.)
Ref the video card list: The cards are listed as comparable, so a card listed under GEFORCE at 3 is equal performance to an ATI card listed at 3.

Ref the subs sim: Get the AOB calculator here:

http://mysite.verizon.net/ress1z18/id1.html

it works for both SH3 and SH4. The merchant speed calculator doesn't work in my opinion, so I just use the stop watch method.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
09-08-2007, 03:31 AM,
Greybeard Wrote:Sheesh,

I've just been grateful for a hand-me-down with a 1.2ghz athlon, 30g HD and 512mb ram, and 64md video card.. :)

big improvment over my old 450mhz AMD K-6.. :)

Later! - GReybeard

Good enough for SP, just under powered for todays modern games. But if you can do everything you want to do with it then why spend money?

Hey, did you see that Apple has dropped the price of their I-phones by $200 and now all the people that went running out to buy them at $600 are now bitching? LMAO - suckers.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
09-08-2007, 03:38 AM,
A little bonus for my recent birthday finally came around so.. I just got done ordering 2 more GB of ram and a physX accelerator, along with SH3 & 4 :)

Curses to Fubar and Weasel for making my mind up for me :P
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
09-08-2007, 06:50 AM,
What is a physX accelerator? That is new to me, but I take it it somehow forces a system speed up?

I still like SH3 the best. The problem I am having with SH4 right now is I fuel up and it says at 2/3 power I can go 13000NM, then I travel 1000NM it is says I can only go 2000 more. Very strange.
09-08-2007, 10:08 PM,
A physx accelerator boosts the number of objects that can be displayed on your screen. It supplements your video card and while there are few games right now that actually take advantage of the component, I feel there will be more out soon enough.
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
09-09-2007, 09:15 AM,
well.. I now have downloaded SH3(1.6gb), the 1,04b patch(20mb), GWX mod(800mb),and some worddoc with the hotkeys listed... after 3.5 hours on a cable connection @ 236kb/s..

Is there ANYTHING else I should get? :)
09-09-2007, 09:32 AM,
Yeah.....a nice comfy chair because you'll be sitting at the PC a lot. :whis:

cheers
09-09-2007, 09:43 AM,
Did you know that Windows XP only sees 2 GB of memory?