• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Have you ever??
09-04-2007, 11:24 AM,
RE: Have you ever??
Weasel Wrote:I think you are right, it is only us old farts that thought the first SW was the end all to be all that would probably buy it.

Old farts? I prefer"Old B*stard" :smoke:
Quote this message in a reply
09-06-2007, 04:56 AM,
Fubar Wrote:I remember going to see the original Star Wars when i was six, sat i the cinema consuming packs of space dust and cheering on the Stormtroopers....ahh what an odd child i was. ;)

I just been trying GWX and the realistic ship sinking mode....took 32 minutes for this bugger to sink. I had time to go get myself a coffee and order up a kebab before he finally sank. :pirate:

Think i may treat myself to SH4 soon.

cheers

I noticed your station icons are different then just crew members, looks cool. That is not part of GWX is it?

I am playing SH4 right now, so far I have spent 3 real life days playing with only 1 merchant sunk. Fired three torpedoes and all missed so I surfaced and used the deck gun on him. Then I used my quad 50s on the nips in the life boats. In game time I am about 4 weeks in with only one kill, so kills are much harder to come by then in SH3.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
09-06-2007, 05:18 AM,
I am hinting at the wife to let me get SH3 (I saw it on amazon for under 10$ :) )

SH 4 might take some swaying LOL
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
09-06-2007, 06:45 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-06-2007, 06:48 AM by Fubar.)
Weasel Wrote:I noticed your station icons are different then just crew members, looks cool. That is not part of GWX is it?

I am playing SH4 right now, so far I have spent 3 real life days playing with only 1 merchant sunk. Fired three torpedoes and all missed so I surfaced and used the deck gun on him. Then I used my quad 50s on the nips in the life boats. In game time I am about 4 weeks in with only one kill, so kills are much harder to come by then in SH3.

Those icons are one of the options that come with GWX, i didn't realize it until i read the GWX manual. Eek

Look in your SH3 directory for a prog called JSGME, is a mod install prog similar to McMMM.......ahhh mods ;).......in there are lots of little tweaks that you can make to GWX. Those icons are called Captain Americas Officer Icons.

[Image: 001-13.jpg]

I bought SH4 today, your right my PC struggles a little on medium settings but has no probs with low.......will getting more memory help do you think? I have 1GB but have another free slot so i can fit more.

P.S. I just switched to German language in GWX, haven't got a clue what their saying but it sounds great. ;)

cheers
09-07-2007, 02:00 AM,
Yes, more memory will help for sure. You can also free up memory by getting rid of a lot of those desktop icons, all of which are loaded into memory when you fire up the computer. I would also shut down zip so it doesn't start each time you turn on the cpu too.

How beefy is your video card?
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
09-07-2007, 02:07 AM,
My GC is an nvidea 6600 256mb, i was thinking of upgrading it but i'm not sure the MB will take it, so i'm limiting my upgrades and will just get a new system sometime in the future.

What annoys me are the minimum specs they say these games can run at, they are such a lie it's untrue, the worst i've seen is CoH which says it will run on a 64mb graphics card........yeah right. :whis:

cheers
09-07-2007, 07:58 AM,
Video Card Hierarchy
For those of you who are thinking of upgrading your video cards, here is a quick reference sheet from Toms Hardware. It is recommended that if you upgrade that you jump up at least 5 levels.

Example: My old card was an ATI 9600 Pro, ranked at 18. I jumped up to a X1950 Pro crossfire, but to really see a difference I could have jumped up to a card ranked 13 or higher. Below 5 levels they say the difference isn't much. I went with a top of the line card because I was tired of always "good today, obsolete tomorrow", this 1950 will be good for a long time.

Attached Files
.doc   Video Card Hierarchy Chart.doc (Size: 43 KB / Downloads: 10)
09-07-2007, 09:25 AM,
Good to know I'm running a card listed in the top 10 Big Grin

Thanks for the list, Chris!
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
09-07-2007, 11:51 AM,
Sheesh,

I've just been grateful for a hand-me-down with a 1.2ghz athlon, 30g HD and 512mb ram, and 64md video card.. :)

big improvment over my old 450mhz AMD K-6.. :)

Later! - GReybeard
09-07-2007, 01:32 PM,
Ok after reading all your posts I had to see what all the fuss was about so I purchased SH3 via digital download and then installed the GWX Mod, I’ve been playing around with it ever since I was finally able to sink something tonight, the whole AOB and Gryo angle still has me a bit confused still trying to figure it out, but the game looks great and has definitely piqued my interest……cheers