• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Have you ever??
09-09-2007, 10:14 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-09-2007, 10:36 AM by RedDevil.)
RE: Have you ever??
I was reading that it can handle 4 GB but only show 3.2-3.5 due to the loading of the on board PCi devices and other cards that use the memory address'?

Right from MS site
Physical Memory Limits: Windows XP

The following table specifies the limits on physical memory for Windows XP.
Version........ Limit in 32-bit Windows........ Limit in 64-bit Windows
Windows XP......4 GB.............................. 128 GB
Windows XP Starter Edition.... 256 MB.........Not applicable

I'm also preparing for Vista down the road, as it will become a necessity soon enough for most/many new games by 2008 anyways..
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
Quote this message in a reply
09-09-2007, 12:08 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-09-2007, 12:09 PM by RedDevil.)
Lesson learned.. Don't sit 100 meters away from the Ammo ship in the training scenario and watch it explode and sink....

Deck gun crew dead
Bridge crew Dead
Uboat lost to heavy flooding

Exam failed..
:P
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
09-09-2007, 12:31 PM,
I run 4 gb of memory in Vista and ran the same 4gb in XP pro. The memory in bios showed 4gb but Windows reported it as 2 gb although it will use the extra memory (up to 4gb, anything more is not a good idea) in certain instances. When I was running 64bit Vista it showed all 4gb of memory. I am really enjoying Vista with its cool new features and Office 2007 rocks!