• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Poll: Where do you post the most on CM? Please choose the answer that applies best. (FGM members only)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I post 95% at the FGM and 5% or less at the Blitz
25.00%
4 25.00%
I post 80% at FGM, and about 20% at the Blitz
12.50%
2 12.50%
I post about 60% at FGM and 40% at the Blitz
6.25%
1 6.25%
I post about 50/50 FGM/Blitz
18.75%
3 18.75%
I post about 40% FGM and 60% Blitz
6.25%
1 6.25%
I post about 20% FGM and 80% at the Blitz
12.50%
2 12.50%
I post 5% or less at the FGM and 95% or more at the Blitz
18.75%
3 18.75%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Where do FGM members post? POLL
09-06-2007, 12:35 PM,
RE: Where do FGM members post? POLL
But I thought Coil provided evidence that clickies being limited to 1 per member are the reasons for this so called forum posting demise.. :P
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
Quote this message in a reply
09-06-2007, 12:43 PM,
RedDevil Wrote:But I thought Coil provided evidence that clickies being limited to 1 per member are the reasons for this so called forum posting demise.. :P

He did, and they are (of what little is left).

: )

Cheers!

Leto
09-06-2007, 12:48 PM,
RedDevil Wrote:But I thought Coil provided evidence that clickies being limited to 1 per member are the reasons for this so called forum posting demise.. :P

Which is a claim which has no revelance to the discussion here. And also a claim that remains uncountered by any sort of evidence stronger that "I don't think that's true". :P
09-06-2007, 06:35 PM,
[hirr Wrote:Leto]
I really do suspect that is the case. You post where there is relevance to your activities. Domination and other activites over at FGM explain that quite well. I do not see why all Blitz members are not just automatically FGM members, and therefore go and post at FGM instead of here.

It would make a heck of a lot more sense considering the waning traffic issues.

Cheers!

Leto

Thing with the Blitz is that their are a lot of people who pass through and play a few games and are never seen again.

At the FGM Ive tried to establish who the hardcore players within the Blitz are and offer them the chance to play in tournaments that will:

a) Be finished
b) Will have dedicated players that see them through

Now this isnt detrimental to the Blitz as any member of the Blitz can join but it gives me the option of being able to move a member out of FGM if he is inactive as I said before because Im trying to get a core group of players and let the membership be a realistic representation of who is active.

Im sure you guys can put your own slant on that statement and pick it apart but thats all their really is to it and its been a success... I havet had any major complaints from any members of FGM and their has yet to be a flamewar or serious board fall out.
09-06-2007, 07:07 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-06-2007, 07:11 PM by MGK(FGM).)
Thumbs_Up  RE: Where do FGM members post? POLL
Well I think that FGM is for players who want to explore the CM and all possibilities of this Game
but we all in FGM are blitz members :)
and it is good I think cheers
Send this user an email
09-06-2007, 09:16 PM,
yellowcanoe Wrote:Okay here are my two pennies for what its worth

I voted 60-40 posting FGM over Blitz, but what is in a number?

I generally post more at FGM cuz I'm involved with a lot of fun stuff that only pertains to FGM - Domination, Project Leviathan, to name a few. So a lot of post don't make the Blitz cuz its not relevant.

This post will only appear at the Blitz - not FGM for the same reasons. I look at both boards and post accordingly. (More at FGM only because of Domination and such) I think that most FGM'ers do likewise.

Cheers

Yellowcanoe

I really do suspect that is the case. You post where there is relevance to your activities. Domination and other activites over at FGM explain that quite well. I do not see why all Blitz members are not just automatically FGM members, and therefore go and post at FGM instead of here.

Cheers!

Leto

If that were the case then the club would have to change its name from a Few Good Men to alot of Good Men and some not so Good Men. :happy:

yc[/u]
09-06-2007, 10:01 PM,
He did, and they are (of what little is left).
Cheers!
Leto

The Coil Wrote:Which is a claim which has no revelance to the discussion here. And also a claim that remains uncountered by any sort of evidence stronger that "I don't think that's true". :P

If you 2 think so :)
I suppose that the posting demise of 3-5 members is based upon clickies and that's plenty to make a statement from.
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
09-06-2007, 10:39 PM,
multi forum memberships exist everywhere, how does singling out FGM make any distinct revelation when there's a multitude of dual members posting elsewhere? FGM has different activities going on and their members post there as well as here when the topic suits them. All sorts of different activities happen on different forums and people post where they are involved in something.

Here at the Blitz, the activities are low because there are few members who step up to the task of managing them. The Club needs people who will step up and give back to the community, there are examples of this in all the other communities, but not here.

Since people have more time to discuss non CM topics here, rather than actively attracting the community interests with programs linking to history or wargaming, the posting slows down for lack of interest.
Many members don't want to be reading the complaints and the finding faults with TheBlitz threads. They'd rather be posting about an activity or tournament they are participating in.

This, not clickies (with the exception of, oh perhaps, 3-5 members), is the reason for the slow down of posting in these forums.

Incidentally, the only place that attracts these types of posts (discussions about issues of the Blitz) is in the CM forum. The other forums seem void of these types of "discussions".

I've learned long ago, contrary to belief, that MANY MORE TheBlitz members do NOT want these types of posts cluttering up their forums than there are who want to detour the interests away from the games. People come here to play games and find opponents and discuss tactics and strategies.. not wade thru posts that find fault with something or negativity posts of the Club features, staff and members.

I may be making a bold statement here, but I'd say that's why a lot of FGMers post over there.

If there is a need for a general topics forum, we can vote on making it happen so the discussions can be dedicated to the areas for which they were designed for. This would certainly lead to more postings pertaining to the subject matter and less clutter of designated areas with out of topic material.
09-07-2007, 01:30 AM,
Bootie Wrote:

Cheers!

Leto

Thing with the Blitz is that their are a lot of people who pass through and play a few games and are never seen again.

At the FGM Ive tried to establish who the hardcore players within the Blitz are and offer them the chance to play in tournaments that will:

a) Be finished
b) Will have dedicated players that see them through

Now this isnt detrimental to the Blitz as any member of the Blitz can join but it gives me the option of being able to move a member out of FGM if he is inactive as I said before because Im trying to get a core group of players and let the membership be a realistic representation of who is active.

Im sure you guys can put your own slant on that statement and pick it apart but thats all their really is to it and its been a success... I havet had any major complaints from any members of FGM and their has yet to be a flamewar or serious board fall out.

Well, you've done a good job over there then. Because the posting habits of your members are almost all based at FGM.

Why is it that every time anyone says anything around here, or makes suggestions, or asks questions, you guys think it's an attack of some kind? I just wanted to know if dual boards for CM was superfluous, and you've overwhelmingly proved your point with good evidence that it is not, and the patterns I detect are explained away quite well by this.

Anyways, if I join FGM, I want to be able to make a commitment like you said. I can't do that right now. But I do appreciate the offer.

Cheers!

Leto
09-07-2007, 01:53 AM,
RedDevil Wrote:multi forum memberships exist everywhere, how does singling out FGM make any distinct revelation when there's a multitude of dual members posting elsewhere? FGM has different activities going on and their members post there as well as here when the topic suits them. All sorts of different activities happen on different forums and people post where they are involved in something.

Here at the Blitz, the activities are low because there are few members who step up to the task of managing them. The Club needs people who will step up and give back to the community, there are examples of this in all the other communities, but not here.

Since people have more time to discuss non CM topics here, rather than actively attracting the community interests with programs linking to history or wargaming, the posting slows down for lack of interest.
Many members don't want to be reading the complaints and the finding faults with TheBlitz threads. They'd rather be posting about an activity or tournament they are participating in.

This, not clickies (with the exception of, oh perhaps, 3-5 members), is the reason for the slow down of posting in these forums.

Incidentally, the only place that attracts these types of posts (discussions about issues of the Blitz) is in the CM forum. The other forums seem void of these types of "discussions".

I've learned long ago, contrary to belief, that MANY MORE TheBlitz members do NOT want these types of posts cluttering up their forums than there are who want to detour the interests away from the games. People come here to play games and find opponents and discuss tactics and strategies.. not wade thru posts that find fault with something or negativity posts of the Club features, staff and members.

I may be making a bold statement here, but I'd say that's why a lot of FGMers post over there.

If there is a need for a general topics forum, we can vote on making it happen so the discussions can be dedicated to the areas for which they were designed for. This would certainly lead to more postings pertaining to the subject matter and less clutter of designated areas with out of topic material.

As bold as BBQ sauce... yep. What I hear you saying is that people don't like what myself and others post (humor, having fun, poking fun) if it does not have anything to do with CM.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

I guess if you see yourself as the authority on that, then I'll curb my postings to tailor that structure and ignore methodological logic for the drawing of conclusions to questions.

I really don't want to be messing with a good thing.

BUT: You always say that nobody steps up to the plate to take some leadership around here, but I think that I did. I tried to get a great deal of people interested in reading and posting their own AAR DAR's... not many followed.

POS incited me to spread some of my CM knowledge in tactics, and even before that, I had always willingly divulged tips, tricks, tactics and other CM material.

I've not so subtely let everyone know of my displeasure with the clicky system, as it truly was a great feature that whether abused or not, excited me to post here (even if it was only a "clique" thing, excuse the pun, that the majority of people perhaps didn't get, or were not interested in...), yet this is seen as a shot at management or whiney complaint... you do not get it... it had an impact and disprportionately so, becaue the small cadre of posters were using it.

That's all we were saying, and at no time did I disparage the mods or staff about it.

And we had our year long tiff that I can honestly say that reduced both our reputations immensely and that people did not want to read about, but hell, we both propogated it, so some hypocracy falls upon us both there. I hope that's not going to be rehashed any further, just using it as an example.

SO in AGGREGATE, I REALLY hope that you are not pointing a finger at me here, when talking about "those people" that could be working to advance the betterment of the club instead of just complaining.

For your information... I do both.

But if you honestlly HONESTLY think that my posting habits are a detriment to this club, I will most certainly correct them.

Cheers!

Leto