• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Why I miss old clickies: a lament...
09-08-2007, 01:57 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-08-2007, 02:06 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
RE: Why I miss old clickies: a lament...
hirrLeto Wrote:It seems to have crossed your mind over at TPG. You made two inane references under the standard of red clickies about how Geordie and McIvan are my lovers and that I am a gamey player not to be trusted and abuse the kit selection system.

Ha ha ha, I'm giving you a valuable lesson over at TPG mate, namely that if you or anybody else say naughty things about me that aren't true, then I'm going to say naughty things about you, fair enough?.. :)

For example you said about me over there -
"he's a total wanker"
"He withdraws from games where he is losing"
"He's bad in terms of gameplay and sportsmanship"

So if you can't hack my return fire that's your problem.. :)

PS- I don't think Mad Russian will be happy when he sees you've just flippantly given him a 'neutral' clicky at TPG, thereby wrecking his previous 100% 'positive' clicky record.. ;)
09-08-2007, 02:25 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-08-2007, 02:36 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
EDIT - (post deleted because this whole childish debate about clickies is a pain and I'm not wasting any more time on it, I've got other fish to fry..) ;)
--------------------------------------------------------
----------------- DELETED --------------------------
09-08-2007, 04:56 AM,
PoorOldSpike Wrote:
hirrLeto Wrote:It seems to have crossed your mind over at TPG. You made two inane references under the standard of red clickies about how Geordie and McIvan are my lovers and that I am a gamey player not to be trusted and abuse the kit selection system.

Ha ha ha, I'm giving you a valuable lesson over at TPG mate, namely that if you or anybody else say naughty things about me that aren't true, then I'm going to say naughty things about you, fair enough?.. :)

For example you said about me over there -
"he's a total wanker"
"He withdraws from games where he is losing"
"He's bad in terms of gameplay and sportsmanship"

So if you can't hack my return fire that's your problem.. :)

PS- I don't think Mad Russian will be happy when he sees you've just flippantly given him a 'neutral' clicky at TPG, thereby wrecking his previous 100% 'positive' clicky record.. ;)

Perhaps you'd like to take those snippets and put them in the proper context of how they were actually delivered... you'd be amazed at how that may change their interpretation, Herr Goebbels.

: )

Cheers!

Leto
09-08-2007, 06:41 AM,
hirr Leto Wrote:Perhaps you'd like to take those snippets and put them in the proper context of how they were actually delivered... you'd be amazed at how that may change their interpretation, Herr Goebbels.

Context, shmontex...You said them snippets mate, that's enough for me..:)
You started the Ratings War over at TPG so I'm joining battle.
At Blitz I've taken the red hits against me without firing a single one back at anybody because I promised Randy I wouldn't (and I don't like hitting kids anyway), but at TPG I'm under no such obligation, so if people hit me I'll hit back. Hard.. ;)
Waddya say Johnny?

"Yo, give 'em a war they won't believe!"
[Image: rambo2-1.jpg]
09-08-2007, 06:42 AM,
[hirr Wrote:Leto]
Antoni Chmielowski (FGM) Wrote:My 2p worth of opinion.:soap:

Why are we even bothered about such an insignificant thing ?

Are we all back @ school were we all worried about our reputations and popularity or adults where we all entitled to our own points of view and independant thought which MAY cause an upset to some people ?.

I have been a member of the Blitz now for the last 7 years and have managed to accumulate the MASSIVE amount of 42 ! (YES A WHOLE 42 !) of positive rep points. My whole reason for joining the Blitz was to play games NOT to join a community where reputation counts more than playing games - hell the one person who I fell out with here didnt even give me a red clickie - we just agreed to disagree and never play each other again.

I can understand why POS got so annoyed about the amount of red clickies that he got, although he could be annoying with some of his posts, he was at least contributing something to the club AND if you didnt like his posts you could just ignore them, even I felt sometimes that he was a bit of an ar*e:censored: but I didnt give him any red clickies.

Unless you are prepared to contribute to the club (and this doesnt mean just by making posts , for example to help behind the scenes like I do by running the ACOW Ladder with Currahee), then your criticisms of the current repping system should be tempered but your opinion and input is still valued.

If there is to be a poll on the rep system then let there be 3 options:

1) Abolish completely

2) Revert to the old system and

3) Keep the new system

I know where my vote is going ....

Rant over now and I feel better for letting my opinion out into the wilderness.

I look forward to your comments as I am off to work now !

I haven't filed a tax return in 3 years.... NA NA NAA NA NAAA~~!

: )

Well said Toner. But I think even the most serious of us don't take it THAT seriously. Someone is getting roto rooter audited today I would guess!!!

lol...

Cheers!

Leto

No,

I have seen how the posts have gone on this thread and kept my opinions to myself till now.

I enjoy all comments and I hope that everyone else does.
Antoni ChmielowskigGames Played : WiTP-AE, TOAW3,Gary Grigsbys War in The East/ War In The West
09-08-2007, 07:21 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-08-2007, 08:50 PM by PoorOldSpike.)
PS - Just in case it looks like I've been putting pressure on Blitz to scrap the rep system, the fact is that's not the case as there's no guarantee i'll stay anyway even if its scrapped, so just do what you're gonna do.
2007 is the year in which my interest in CM has hit an all-time low, I've been playing it nonstop for 6 years and I'm getting a bit fed up with it.
There are plenty more games out there which i'm getting more and more into, for example combat flight sim, its great fun taking up the old Spit to have a crack at Jerry, and SWAT where I burst into a hospital to rescue hostages and end up killing the doctors and nurses just for the fun of it, a bad habit I'm trying to break..

PS -Can somebody in America send me 'John Deere American Farmer' on PC disk, Britain seems to be out of their shipping and download zone. It's $19.99 and i'll send you a money order or a game in return.. :)

http://uk.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/johnd...index.html
09-08-2007, 03:06 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-08-2007, 03:07 PM by McIvan.)
Oh dear, this thread is unfortunately going downhill fast.

For future reference, any flame war you guys (ie Spike and Leto) might be having over at TPG is not to be posted about here....the details are truly none of this club's business or concern and could only lead to bad feeling. Anyone curious can visit over there.

I'll leave this thread open another day, but I suspect all that can be said has been said.
09-08-2007, 03:30 PM,
McIvan Wrote:Oh dear, this thread is unfortunately going downhill fast.

For future reference, any flame war you guys (ie Spike and Leto) might be having over at TPG is not to be posted about here....the details are truly none of this club's business or concern and could only lead to bad feeling. Anyone curious can visit over there.

I'll leave this thread open another day, but I suspect all that can be said has been said.

I advise that it be closed.

Cheers!

Leto
09-08-2007, 04:27 PM,
[hirr Wrote:Leto]
I advise that it be closed.

$hirr$Leto - you traitor!

Long may this clickie thread live!
09-08-2007, 10:53 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-08-2007, 10:55 PM by RedDevil.)
Since the danger of thread closure looms on the horizon, one must quickly get their last tidbits of worthless non clickie related materials posted... :)

here's my contribution

:zzz:
for those who just don't care
:spam:
for you know who
:pullhair:
because of you know who
:blah:
For leto
:group:
For Coil
:scare:
For everyone else..

More to come as I find them, suggestions for specific smilies welcome

cheers
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard