• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

how long have u been a blitz member?
08-27-2007, 11:03 PM,
RE: how long have u been a blitz member?
Since before June '00 anyway

The Grognards and before them LeadEaters.
Quote this message in a reply
08-28-2007, 07:09 AM,
I have been enjoying this wonderful set of Wargames since 1999. I found a pirate copy of it in Malaya so went straight to Talonsoft and bought all the available discs. With PB1 and Matrix I think I now have 10 of them with a total of 1,000 scenarios.
I have tested all the new Wargames and CS is still the most realistic
08-29-2007, 04:04 AM,
I joined the Club in September 2004.
...besides marrying my wife the best decision of my life Big Grin

I know the Blitz since 2001 when i found the internet link with google.
i didn´t dare to join in 2001 bercause i had too much work and knew nothing about pbem.

i have the cs series since the very first day of their release in germany. was that in 97 or 98?
before that i had already played talonsoft´s battleground series, napolenic series and the ardennes game. all of them still ready for action in my cupboard.

steffen
09-10-2007, 12:19 AM,
looks like many of us here are long time gamers
nothing like great battles to play along with great opnts.:bow:
09-14-2007, 01:54 PM,
September 1999. Truly made some of the best friends of my life here.

Of course, my wife says that's because I spend most of my life here . . . . :rolleyes:

But she doesn't even know about the toy soldiers, board games and other wargames that date way, way before CS 50cal -- and her. Whip

Of the many friends I've made at the Blitz, thankfully most are still here. cheers

One though is with us only in spirit.

Jim Puff
. . . you were the best and while you are no longer with us, you will never be forgotten. R.I.P.

Thor
09-14-2007, 10:24 PM,
July of 2001....Tom Mould got me into the club - it was back when tourneys were always being run, and it was the Tigers in Africa tourney - they needed a fill in and Tom and I had been cooresponding somewhat, along with Steve VonNiemack (was helping him with some OOB features for Operation Market Garden) and I have been here since!

This is my home away from home - everyday and everynight almost getting a look at a turn or playing through....just a great place to be!
09-14-2007, 11:30 PM,
Hi guys -- lazily scanning across various MB's and this thread made me feel all teary-eyed and nostalgic.
I vaguely recall joining the Blitz way back around August 1999 under my old handle Schnitzelmeier and before I knew it I was organising tourneys and the like...lived trough the great schism and the coming together again in the New Blitz... before crossing over to the Dark Side of CM. :whis:
Still remember the old guard... Earl, Laza, Von Luck, Niemack, Amico Fritz, umbro, Tom Mould, Baron von Beergut (still my favourite ladder name, ever!), Thor, Herr Nash, Grey Ghost, Krispin, Larry Webb... sound like names from a distant past...LOL
Every now and then I toy with the idea of taking up CS again (still one of the greatest wargames ever!)
09-15-2007, 02:32 AM,
Rico!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your alive!!!!!!!!!!!!

:-)
"The secret to success is not just doing the things you enjoy but rather enjoying everything that you do."
09-15-2007, 03:45 AM,
Rico,

Great to hear from you! Over all those years, your contributions to this club have been constant and phenominal. Your tournaments, scenarios and cartoons are classics. :bow:

Come back to the force Schnitz . . . CS rules! ;)

Best Regards,
Thor

P.S.: I was thinking about a lot of the old-guard guys you mentioned last night. Those were some great warriors. And there are still many, many good ones active now.
09-15-2007, 04:00 AM,
Nothing to add, Mark!

Great to hear from you, Rico.

And I hope that one day you'll be back in our ranks cheers

All the best!

Slawek
"We do not beg for Freedom, we fight for it!"

http://swalencz.w.interia.pl