• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Barge notes for KTN
08-21-2007, 11:18 PM,
Barge notes for KTN
KTN,

I forgot to respond to your question about barge creation in my e-mail last night. Sorry about that.

Anyway, you can create barges from a transport TF loaded with supplies. When the TF gets to the base you want to create barges at, take a look on the TF screen. In the lower right-hand corner there should be a button labeled "activate barges". Press that and some percentage of the supplies on board the AKs will be used up to create some number of barges (I am not sure what the conversion is, or how the program calculates how many barges to make with each press of the button). IJN gets AGs and the Allies get LCVPs/LCMs.

Barges do respawn, but I am 99.9% sure that there is a maximum number available at any one time. I think the max barges number is listed on the "ship availability" screen from Info screen. (gotta love the WitP GUI, not)

I think that as barges are destroyed (no easy feat since aircraft generally ignore them), the available barge number goes back up. I am not sure if there is some sort of lag between destruction and returning to the pool, though.
Quote this message in a reply
08-22-2007, 08:23 AM,
RE: Barge notes for KTN
Thanks for the info.
I always thought my bases had to have so much in the way of supplies.
This will give you somemore targets:)
08-23-2007, 08:13 AM,
RE: Barge notes for KTN
I don't think there is a supply requirement at the base, just in the transports. I don't actually know if I have created barges in WitP, yet. I use them in UV all the time, but not yet in my WitP games.