• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

One more thing that bugs me
08-16-2007, 12:37 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-16-2007, 12:38 PM by The Coil.)
RE: One more thing that bugs me
By the way, is this some weird incarnation of POS? Are we going to have to work our way through the whole alphabet or something?
Quote this message in a reply
08-16-2007, 07:37 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-16-2007, 07:49 PM by Fubar.)
If i wanted to play a decent RTS then i'd load up DoW, CoH, SW:EAW or C&C or one of many other far superior RTS's. CMSF isn't even a decent RTS. Cry

Whats the point of a pauseable RTS....you may as well play TCP/IP WEGO.

cheers
08-16-2007, 09:02 PM,
POG Wrote:
RedDevil Wrote:
POG Wrote:Agree with man above, all you whiney girls will be playing this in a year. Much better than the poopy lookin cm-1. RTS games rock

obviously another Fanboy crowing .... RTS and Trix are for kids.. :)

Sure Im a fan, I wouldnta bought it if I didnt like it. CM-1 dont do it for me. CMSF is the way to go. Its the best RTS wargame out there right now.

I still think that in a year youll all be playin this. Ive stopped playing CM-1 now as its not the same after CMSF with the little block men and all.

POG why not just watch Saving Private Ryan?
08-16-2007, 09:46 PM,
POG Wrote:Sure Im a fan, I wouldnta bought it if I didnt like it. CM-1 dont do it for me. CMSF is the way to go. Its the best RTS wargame out there right now.
Everyone has a right to their own opinion.. just some of us have higher standards of what we like to call a game and want to spend our money on.

I dare say you're part of a small group... :)

Quote:I still think that in a year youll all be playin this. Ive stopped playing CM-1 now as its not the same after CMSF with the little block men and all.

I doubt this very much as I've already gotten my money refunded directly from Battlefront...:whis:
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
08-16-2007, 11:54 PM,
Each to their own I say.
I'm a big fan of the CM series and even tried out the TOW demo (my interest stops at WW2) but didn't like what I saw. When CM:SF came out I decided instead to wait until BF brings out the next version of AK, BB , ETO or whatever.
Although BF are my favourite wargaming company, I will not simply buy SF blindly just to support the company (unlike others). You even have people bitchin on the BF forum because players are daring to mention the bugs! :( And by the way, the Blitz gets a mention!).
SF should never have been brought out and sold to the players in that condition. We expected a higher quality game from BF.
I can only hope they have learnt something from this.
08-17-2007, 11:14 AM,
Duh, seems weird to even have a site devoted to a game that none of the Mods or anyone else around here even likes.

I mean, why have a Mod that hates the game and most of the posts bitchin about it.

I think I will just find another site. Thanks for the welcome.
08-17-2007, 11:46 AM,
All the activity for a CM-SF ladder and forums were done BEFORE the game released based on the ASSUMPTION that it would be a quality product...

I didn't have to do any of this pre-release preparations, but I did.
I also didn't have any volunteers for a custodian or moderator for this area. So I get the role for the time being.
Yes you're right, I don't care for the game now that I've had it and returned it. However, most of my bitching posts were made during my brief ownership of the game.

Now lately I have offered a little tidbit of sarcastically endowed witticism just to show my support of the best RTS wargame out there, that's just ahead of Barbie does Baghdad, it's a pity it offends fanboys and all, but it is simply releasing the frustrations inside that I have thinking BFC would continue putting out quality wargames.
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
08-17-2007, 07:01 PM,
RedDevil Wrote:....that's just ahead of Barbie does Baghdad.....

LOL i think i've seen a film with that title on the freeview channels late at night. Big Grin

cheers
08-18-2007, 11:14 PM,
RedDevil Wrote:All the activity for a CM-SF ladder and forums were done BEFORE the game released based on the ASSUMPTION that it would be a quality product...

Yep....first of all TOW - a piece of sh#t.... & then Shlock Farce - a steaming piece of sh#t. Will anybody ever buy any BF product ever again??

- falco.
08-18-2007, 11:24 PM,
POG Wrote:Duh, seems weird to even have a site devoted to a game that none of the Mods or anyone else around here even likes.

I mean, why have a Mod that hates the game and most of the posts bitchin about it.

I think I will just find another site. Thanks for the welcome.

POG - As RD pointed out, this site waz created on the assumption that Shlock Farce waz going to be a quality wargame....not a bug-ridden, unplayable clunker like it turned out to be. As you seem to be about the only one on this forum that likes it, maybe you would be happier over at the BattleFront forums with all the other anal-retentives.

- falco.