• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

One more thing that bugs me
08-13-2007, 04:16 AM,
RE: One more thing that bugs me
You can switch off objective zones from the hotkey menu..BTW this game is awesome and its gonna get much better.Ok fair enough QBs aren't good right now but once they have sorted out the creases i bet most of you will be playing it in a few months.
Quote this message in a reply
08-13-2007, 04:31 AM,
I'm sorry but a game that has infantry vanish mid battle, terrain you can shoot through, QB's where both sides start about 40m apart, and don't even get me started on waypoints, is not my definition of awesome.

Don't get me wrong, i really want to like CMSF but at the moment i need Prozac when playing just to keep from having an early heart attack. :rolleyes:

cheers
08-13-2007, 05:20 AM,
Fubar.... reading the forum..you seem to have a good few games going tho.... how are you playing wego or RT and how are you finding pbem...the more i play this game the more depth it has for me....CMx1 had many patches before it was finished...im sure Shock Force will aswell, im really enjoying it and i know its only gonna get better.
08-13-2007, 05:47 AM,
Well currently i only have two games going, all the others were abandoned at the requests of my opponents, I'm playing it as WeGo PBEM.
I know that many games need patches to fix the multitude of problems that spring up once a game reaches the open market but surely things like the QB setup bug must have been spotted by the Beta Testers before release. Eek

I've done a little beta testing before on mods for the DoW community and know how hard tracking down faults and fixing them can be, so i sympathize with CMSF's coder (i believe there's only the one Eek) and the barrage of requests he must be getting. But the problems i'm having aren't matters of fine gameplay balance or performance issues but basic gameplay features being broken or obvious faults with the games AI, even on RT mode. I would have preferred they had put the release date back a few months and done more extensive testing with unbiased beta testers and not relied on using BFC fanboys for testing.

Mind you some of the things that seem to go wrong seem so obvious to me that i start to doubt my mind and think i'm doing something wrong instead. Big Grin

Fingers crossed though the patches will solve most issues.

cheers
08-13-2007, 08:06 AM,
infantry cant disembark in a pbem. Or if they can, they often cannot.
08-13-2007, 08:45 AM,
I think QB's aren't going to be anything like they were in CMx1.
Think BFC will do away with QB's and thats fine with me. I have played a couple of them in CMx1 and don't care for them at all.
It's going to require time for CMSF to be the game we want.
Im the mean time I have WITP to keep me busy:)
I might play alittle in CMx1 but it's hard with CMSF out.
08-13-2007, 02:48 PM,
Agree with man above, all you whiney girls will be playing this in a year. Much better than the poopy lookin cm-1. RTS games rock
08-13-2007, 03:42 PM,
POG Wrote:Agree with man above, all you whiney girls will be playing this in a year. Much better than the poopy lookin cm-1. RTS games rock

:laughing:

"Much better looking?" Perhaps. But compared to game play graphics don't mean squat in a wargame.

Anyway, though this may be blasphemy to say, given that the 'phenominal graphics' are what everyone talks about in SF, I must disagree. While the figures and vehicles are good (just good, not great), the terrain is at best standard. The whole package is OK, but nothing special in the world of game graphics.

While mostly a wargamer I do admit to a weakness for RPG and MMO play. Yes, there are jaw droppingly great graphics out there in the gaming world. But SF isn't among them.
08-13-2007, 04:24 PM,
I WISH MY BLOODY TROOPS WOULD MOVE !!!

For 5 turns trying to get a group of men to move form one side of the house to the other.They are not under fire all health just on hide.Tried all sorts they just wont move F*** joke.
08-13-2007, 04:26 PM,
"Agree with man above, all you whiney girls will be playing this in a year. Much better than the poopy lookin cm-1. RTS games rock"

POG we are not whiney girls, we just want a game to work. Not much to ask is it?