• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Blitz Questionnaire - Weasel
08-27-2007, 02:10 AM,
RE: Blitz Questionnaire - Weasel
Weasel Wrote:GWX is awesome that is for sure. I sunk a hospital ship the other day, I figured he was heading west which meant he had troops on board. Better they drown then come back to fight another day. Will be interesting to see if I get the chop when I get back into port because that ship was lit up like a Christmas tree. Sure did make torpedoing him easy, only took one.

Did you sink him with an impact hit or break his back with a magnetic shot?

cheers
Quote this message in a reply
08-27-2007, 08:11 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-27-2007, 08:13 AM by Weasel.)
Fubar Wrote:
Weasel Wrote:GWX is awesome that is for sure. I sunk a hospital ship the other day, I figured he was heading west which meant he had troops on board. Better they drown then come back to fight another day. Will be interesting to see if I get the chop when I get back into port because that ship was lit up like a Christmas tree. Sure did make torpedoing him easy, only took one.

Did you sink him with an impact hit or break his back with a magnetic shot?

cheers

Magnetic, put the torpedo about 1 meter below his hull about 1/3 back. I could hear the soldiers screaming as she went down, SUCKS TO BE THEM!

The Angle On Bow calculator helps big time, if you don't have it get it.

BTW - in SH4 they will take to life rafts, which I normally sink with AAA fire.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
08-27-2007, 09:04 AM,
Weasel Wrote:Magnetic, put the torpedo about 1 meter below his hull about 1/3 back. I could hear the soldiers screaming as she went down, SUCKS TO BE THEM!

The Angle On Bow calculator helps big time, if you don't have it get it.

BTW - in SH4 they will take to life rafts, which I normally sink with AAA fire.

Crikey....you play for keeps eh!

I didn't know survivors were modeled in SH4, i always thought they said they would never model that sort of thing because of political correctness.

I wonder if SH4 would run on my PC....wish there was a demo to try. :hissy:

cheers
08-28-2007, 07:52 AM,
What is your PC? If you can run GWX then you can run SH4.

Yep, the little Nips climb into life boats and row away. However, then your watch crew keep yelling "SHIP SIGHTED" so it is another reason to MG them or run them over. Running them over is fun too, get to here the life boat scrape down your hull.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
08-28-2007, 11:11 AM,
I'm just itching to get tis series now just so I can comment war crimes on a daily basis as well :)
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
08-28-2007, 05:02 PM,
I had SH2 and really enjoyed it, but after hearing about all the new stuff in SH4 i will get it. Might stay away from the hospital ships :smg:
[Image: Tiger-Sig2.jpg]
Send this user an email
08-28-2007, 06:09 PM,
Weasel Wrote:What is your PC? If you can run GWX then you can run SH4.

Yep, the little Nips climb into life boats and row away. However, then your watch crew keep yelling "SHIP SIGHTED" so it is another reason to MG them or run them over. Running them over is fun too, get to here the life boat scrape down your hull.

My PC's specs are P4 3Gig with 1GB memory (thought i had 1.5GB Eek) and a nvidea 6600 512mb graphics card. Not the worlds best but still runs modern FPS's at a decent rate....the ones i don't get for the 360 that is (get Bioshock....awesome game). :)

I have to confess to having a rather macabre enjoyment in surfacing next to fishing trawlers and sinking them using the flak guns. :smg:

cheers
08-29-2007, 02:29 AM,
Fubar,

Ahh - you do my pirate heart (or lack thereof) good.. (isn't 'good' and pirate' kind of a conflict of interest?)

Greybeard
08-29-2007, 02:40 AM,
Fubar Wrote:
Weasel Wrote:What is your PC? If you can run GWX then you can run SH4.

My PC's specs are P4 3Gig with 1GB memory (thought i had 1.5GB Eek) and a nvidea 6600 512mb graphics card. Not the worlds best but still runs modern FPS's at a decent rate....the ones i don't get for the 360 that is (get Bioshock....awesome game). :)

I have to confess to having a rather macabre enjoyment in surfacing next to fishing trawlers and sinking them using the flak guns. :smg:

cheers

Ok, that was my old system, 3K/mhz with 1 gig ram and I could run GW but it would chug in a convoy. I upgraded to a dual core 4200 with 2 gig ram and a modern video card X1950 pro and I play at top of the line settings no problems. NTL - you can play SH4 as I said if you can play SH3.

I have only ever sunk 1 fishing boat, at the end of a mission. I was out of torpedoes and deck gun ammo (Type II) so I rammed him which sent him to the bottom rather quickly. I like using my flak guns to set off the cargo on board merchants...WOO HOO fire works!
08-29-2007, 02:42 AM,
Greybeard Wrote:Fubar,

Ahh - you do my pirate heart (or lack thereof) good.. (isn't 'good' and pirate' kind of a conflict of interest?)

Greybeard

Hi Steve

Pirate..... Eek

Next thing you know i'll be wearing an eye patch and tying burning fuses in my goatee. :pirate:

Did you get my last file from last week? I sent a bunch of SP games out and i'm not sure Googlemail delivered them.

If not then i'll resend and make Google walk the plank.....Arrrgh Jim Lad. Shark2

cheers