• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Forum Rules involving Clickie posts
08-11-2007, 07:02 AM,
RE: Forum Rules involving Clickie posts
Well If you'd like to discuss this resetting rep points, feel free to open a new thread on the matter and discuss away, the topic for this discussion thread is the moderation of clickie mentioning posts & threads, which are starting to get to a point of perplexing and annoying.

This is a CM forum, I and I'm sure lots of others, would like to see CM topics and wargaming topics posted here, not inane forum feature discussions that have to affect the entire site, NOT just the Cm area. :)
Things like this should be discussed in all forums, as it affects all members.

What I'm trying to say is that by looking to discuss things here only, you alienate the rest of the site that shares these forums and do not get any opinions on the issue outside of the box. Changes will not happen based on the desires and wants of a single ladder area.

MODERATION however, is easily sectioned off to certain areas due to the separation of the ladders. Certain issues on 1 ladder do not affect another, therefore the MODs discretion becomes the deciding factor in solving issues pertaining just to their area.
Clickie posts are only presenting themselves to be a pestilence on these forums. I do not see this activity elsewhere and I would doubt the mods elsewhere would accept it for as long as we have here :)
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
08-11-2007, 07:07 AM,
damn, just when I started to collect some clickies Cry
visit WaT HERE!!!
08-11-2007, 07:10 AM,
It's not all that bad Pete, the new system means you simply need to influence more people to get more points and not depend on the subtle clickie giving fetish of a few. Big Grin

expand thy frontier and ye shall receive :)
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
08-11-2007, 07:14 AM,
RedDevil Wrote:It's not all that bad Pete, the new system means you simply need to influence more people to get more points and not depend on the subtle clickie giving fetish of a few. Big Grin

expand thy frontier and ye shall receive :)

I think this sums up my thoughts most succintly:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xh0qD0aA2bY

They mostly come at night... mostly (reference to clickie eating monsters).

Leto
08-11-2007, 01:27 PM,
RedDevil Wrote:Things like this should be discussed in all forums, as it affects all members.

I think RD just told me to go post about clickies on all the other forums. Whole new worlds to conquer...cool!

Although, let's be honest, most of the other forums are lamefests, with the occasional posting on a fascinating topic like "Looking for a game", but no other traffic. No insightful discussions about clickies and certainly no stunning DARs that feature me in sheep costume (perhaps I've said too much, don't want to give anything away to the infernal Colonel T). So what we decide should pretty much rule.
08-11-2007, 01:32 PM,
RedDevil Wrote:...and not depend on the subtle clickie giving fetish of a few. Big Grin

If that's supposed to be a thinly veiled reference to me, I would like to point out that I was never "subtle" in my clickie giving.