• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

The Blitz Forums the Thread...
08-06-2007, 01:09 AM,
RE: The Blitz Forums the Thread...
Yeah the name click hasnt been linked in to your ladder screenie yet by the looks of it.

As for the rep system.... why change it because a couple of people didnt like it??
08-06-2007, 01:20 AM,
Steve I show your stats as below:

Last completed game on 22nd June 2007
Period Wins Losses Draws Played Win % Score Streak
During last 3 months 2 2 .000 12
During last 6 months 2 2 .000 12
During last 12 months 2 2 .000 12
Since beginning 2 2 .000 12
Quick Battles stats
Since beginning 0 .000 -

Use the following menu to view more detail about the player's club and gaming history.

# 1st Side Player 2nd Side Player Mad Russian's Performance Scenario Game End Date Score Extra Delete result
Side Player Player Side
1 Germany Mad Russian [hirr]Leto Russia Total Loss B&T Forgotten Front CMBB 2007-06-22 2 20 Delete
2 Allies Mad Russian Schwerpunkt Axis Major Loss (L) CMBB Quick Battle 3000 pts CMBB 2007-06-18 10 45 Delete

You cannot access the ladder stats directly from the forums right now, Raz is working on making it reappear.
You can access your records by going to the ladders link in section G3 at the top choosing CM (or whatever other ladder you're on ) and sorting by name to find your listing.

The reputation system remains as it is with the addition of new features which will hopefully be along soon as time permits to restore the forums to their former glory.
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
08-06-2007, 02:07 AM,
Mad Russian Wrote:Now might be a good time to review if members still want it. Why put it back together if it's not wanted/needed anyway.

What, the rep system?
Yeah it does more harm than good because anybody can send a red to anybody without having to put their name to it. For example a French guy vanished from the CM scene a while back and nobody knows why, so who's to say somebody didn't send him a red rep saying "**** off you French *******"... ?
Even worse, what if they signed it with somebody else's name, eg 'from Red Devil' or 'from Mad Russian'?
See how the system's open to abuse and sabotage?
08-06-2007, 02:21 AM,
PoorOldSpike Wrote:What, the rep system?
Yeah it does more harm than good because anybody can send a red to anybody without having to put their name to it. For example a French guy vanished from the CM scene a while back and nobody knows why, so who's to say somebody didn't send him a red rep saying "**** off you French *******"... ?
Even worse, what if they signed it with somebody else's name, eg 'from Red Devil' or 'from Mad Russian'?
See how the system's open to abuse and sabotage?

this will all change once you see the new features.
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
08-06-2007, 02:40 AM,
I'd be intrigued to know just how many of the 5,891 registered Blitz members actually bother to use the rep system?

cheers
08-06-2007, 02:54 AM,
Set up a poll and ask them then.
08-06-2007, 03:24 AM,
Bootie Wrote:Set up a poll and ask them then.

Considering the poor turn out in the average poll whats the point.....just thought you must keep track of who uses the rep system.

No worries.

cheers
08-06-2007, 07:03 AM,
Probably about as many as answer polls.....

I'm ambivalent about the rep system personally; I'm not fussed if it stays or goes.

I suspect what we are getting is a change to the rep system which identifies who gave you the rep, which should solve a few complaints, and no doubt create others.

I propose, for discussion, that we have a forum rule that people can't post berating people for red clickies, and have to conduct their wars of outraged dignity by PM.
08-06-2007, 07:04 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-06-2007, 07:05 AM by McIvan.)
PS....one other thing missing is the short list of all the forums by abbreviation....made it real easy to navigate from one forum to another.....I presume that's on Raz's very lengthy to-do list :(
08-06-2007, 07:23 AM,
Maybe we should all send Raz a few brews as a thanks for all his hard work.....just imagine all those different beers from around the world.

God i'm making myself thirsty. ;)

cheers