• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

DAR Bootie v Fubar (No Access Fubar!!)
07-30-2007, 02:48 AM,
DAR Bootie v Fubar (No Access Fubar!!)
Ok so this is my first PBEM game of Shock Force.... expoect my tactics etc. to be a little ropey as I havent even played a scenario on single player outwith the training missions.

We are playing Meeting Engagement at High Altitude by Michael Dorosh.

I have a recon group saddled up in Strykers.

[Image: Untitled-2.jpg]

There objective is a walled farm complex in the middle of the map and the only intel on the enemy is that they have a mechanised group headin in from the opposite direction.

Below is the tactcal view and my first move.... their is a steep incline up to the farm so I have sent my Strykers to the lip of the incline with one hopefully popping its visuals over the top to ID the enemy. Their is no hulldown command as far as Im aware so its pot luck. My intention is to get the Strykers at the crest and then unload my infantry to charge down the hill and take cover behind the large wall of the complex.

[Image: Untitled1.jpg]

Here goes nothing... LOL
Quote this message in a reply
07-30-2007, 03:54 AM,
RE: DAR Bootie v Fubar (No Access Fubar!!)
Okay at the end of the first turn my Strker Recon group got to their designated places.... no Opfor's were noted on the other side of the ridge so I have issued the command for my infantry to arm up with the 3 javelins and Launcher carried on board. As you can see from the picture below I have set them waypoints taking them to the wall behind the complex. A couple of buildings are just inside the wall and if I can get over or through the wall they will get straight into the buildings and cover the entrance with their Javelins in case any enemy mech forces attempt to drive straight in.

[Image: Untitled-3.jpg]

I dont think this will happen - if I was the Syrian commander I would drive right up to the section of the compound nearest him and disembark my men through or over the wall and into the trees.

Im pondering whether to seperate my Stryker group into 2 sections and circle the compound from opposite sides... or I could wait until my infantry spots his infantry within the compound before sending all four strykers tearing down the road while setting their arcs to cover to the left.

I'll disembark my infantry and see what the next turn holds.

07-30-2007, 07:08 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-30-2007, 07:09 AM by Glenn Saunders.)
07-30-2007, 07:32 AM,
LOL.... well. We both opened fire on each other with our MG's. He disgorged all his Syrian Infantry whereas I only managed to get one squad out onto the hot desert floor.

Ricochets were pinging about dangerously close to my infantry and his!!

But somehow no injuries were recorded.

Im in the unenviable position now of seeing his men edge towards the entrance while Ive retreated into a reverse slope position. One Stryker has tried to wheel round into a reversing position and has left his flank exposed.

So basically my current plan is to get my boys safely on the back of that hill and move my infantry round to the left.

[Image: Untitled1-1.jpg]
07-30-2007, 07:34 AM,
Ive also noticed he has managed to get something ro someone into the compound via the other entrance where I thought he would make his main thrust.

Im not sure of the capabilitiesof the Stryker against these BMP's so am wary of pushing them forward even though I outnumber him 2:1.

Its all a learning experience.
08-01-2007, 06:40 AM,
Ok this game has just dropped a lot in my estimation.

Ive been minutley plotting all my moves during this DAR so I dont look like a complete fud. Anyway... all my moves went straight down the pan.

Some infantry jumped out of the Strykers and just stood there looking round while getting fired upon. Another group jumped out and ran up over the edge of the lip towards the enemy and got massacred... despite my orders being for them to fall back and cut left..!!

Needless to say Im no longer gonna micromanage. Ive just sent all 4 strykers on the hunt over the crest.... no point in intricatley working things out if they arent gonna do what you say...!

[Image: Untitled-6.jpg]
08-01-2007, 07:44 AM,
Ivenow lost all will to live.... despite issuing orders to hunt forward one of my Strykers did a sort of spinning on te spot move... a bit like a beetle stuck on its back and ended up getting blown apart... while the others reverse go forward reverse... spin round... dont actually move anywhere Ihave been flanked and getting shot at from my left flank as well as head on by the BMP's.

Dont be fooled by this game... the graphics only cover up the awful gameplay... nice screenshots.... shit game. Of course this may just me being biased as Im getting my ass handed to me... if Fubar is ving no AI problems at all then I hold my hands up... crap commander here.... but if he is experiencing some oddities it will make me feel a whole lot better.
08-01-2007, 08:58 AM,
There are definite pathing bugs, which they have acknowledged. I have trouble seeing how they wern't obvious to beta testers but there you are...and at least one of them was apparently caused by a last minute coding change to something completely different. So we'll look forward to the patch.

From the demo, it seems important to maintain some distance between vehicles to give em space.

Hunt, btw, is not like CMBB/AK....it is actually move to contact.
08-02-2007, 08:16 AM,
Ok sorry for this but Ive had enough... I just tapped the surrender key. Hopefully the future patches will sort this game out but in its present state I feel it is unplayable.
08-02-2007, 08:42 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-02-2007, 08:44 AM by Sgt Barker.)
Duho! Meant to post this in another thread... deleted!