• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

PBEM file size.
07-30-2007, 07:49 PM,
RE: PBEM file size.
Sooner or later someone will make a tool. You enter your opponent's address, point to the file, and it will split and send it in several emails. Doing this manually in your email client is just cumbersome.
Quote this message in a reply
07-30-2007, 11:26 PM,
But it is strange, it looks that it wasn't optimised :(
Send this user an email
07-31-2007, 04:03 AM,
It's not a question of optimization. The game is not really designed for pbem. The big question was if we wanted the feature even with huge files. We said yes of course.
07-31-2007, 04:09 AM,
I think that "The game is not really designed for pbem" means lack of optimization :)
but sure for me PBEM is the most important feature of this game
Send this user an email
08-03-2007, 03:14 AM,
RE:��PBEM file size.
08-03-2007, 03:29 AM,
I just send 9MB file and it is just first round !!! Do you know if it will be growing ?
Send this user an email
08-03-2007, 06:51 AM,
Yeah, MGK, apparently it does grow. The biggest I have heard mentioned is 30 meg. Obviously it depends on the size of the scenario. When you think that each turn replay has to instruct the receiving computer on the trajectory of every bullet fired, you can see why. Having said that, I'm sure in time they could get it down because even setups are big, and surely they don't have to be.
08-03-2007, 07:09 AM,
Ok Shane what is so good about gmail then that it can get around file sizes :conf: do I need to change provder for this :conf:
I am proud to be British but I thank god that I am Welsh
08-03-2007, 07:10 AM,
(FGM)Phil Davies Wrote:Ok Shane what is so good about gmail then that it can get around file sizes :conf: do I need to change provder for this :conf:

Google Mail is free, no need for changing ISP. If you need an invite let me know.

cheers
08-03-2007, 07:52 AM,
See the picture for Star Trek Borg spoting
My opponent can see my forces but cant shoot at them - I can't see his forces (USA - stealth units) but we both are moving from the same setup zone !!
Send this user an email