• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

MC :��Pontoon Bridge.
07-27-2007, 03:34 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-27-2007, 03:38 AM by shortreengage.)
MC :��Pontoon Bridge.
Quote this message in a reply
07-27-2007, 04:17 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-27-2007, 04:19 PM by FLG.)
RE: MC : Pontoon Bridge.
It is easy enough to edit this value in the parameter file if you want to use something different.

Also in the game these pontoon bridges would be a mile long as they are used to cross full water hexes.
07-27-2007, 06:02 PM,
RE: MC :��Pontoon Bridge.
Excuse, but still did not study, for overcoming Stream, River (width less than one hex) can be made the bridge in Modern Campaigns ? :rolleyes:
07-28-2007, 01:10 AM,
The problem is is that they r not needed in the game, all rivers and streams can be crossed with TMM,AVLB already. The only place u could use it is those 1-2 wide water hexes north of Hamburg and 1 hex=1603meters and the longest pontoon bridge ever build that i found was in 1995 and it was 678 meters long. I c why HPS left them out, theres already other units doing the same job.

Aaron
Rangers Lead the Way
07-28-2007, 04:19 AM,
RE: MC :��Pontoon Bridge.
Actually AVLB and TMM are insufficient for overcoming greater rivers.
For this purpose use pontoon bridges and ferries from pontoons.

AVLB - does the bridge in width 18 m for 60t and 15m for 70t (for tanks M1 Abrams).

TMM - it is possible to do the compound bridge, but depth of a barrier can be no more than 3 meters.

07-28-2007, 04:31 AM,
I understand what u r saying about pontoons being longer and AVLB not being able to reach across some rivers but in the actual game the AVLB,TMM already do reach across all the rivers and streams.

Aaron
Rangers Lead the Way