• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

N44 Campaign (alt) - Do the germans still need help?
07-27-2007, 11:29 PM,
RE: N44 Campaign (alt) - Do the germans still need help?
Hi VM

I have just tired Omaha agian (Day 1 Alt version) and I now agree it is to tough for the Allies your only chance of getting off the beach before German reinforcements arrive is to get lucky when assaulting the few E grade german units. And as the Allies in Anvil that was pretty much how I got off the beach. Or get very lucky with your naval fire

The B Grade German units are unmoveable, even those in the open hexs in PILLBOXs. Again that is what happened to me in Anvil the 2 B Grade Unit between Vierville and St Laurent held on until late on day 2, even then I only pushed them back to Vierville. In Anvil I managed to break out through St Laurent to Colleville. But I now realise how lucky this was as I captured 2 hexs pushing the germans into the middle hex of the 3 trapping them. I then reduced this hex over 2 turns giving me a way off the beach.

I my test game I even managed to get the Germans to reinforce the beach either side of my one hex break throughs as they occured after 1600hrs. If you are not off the beach by 1800hrs I do not think you will be getting off it.

I will do some more reading but I think you may have made this to tough.

Peter777

think Omaha
Quote this message in a reply
07-28-2007, 04:02 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-28-2007, 06:05 AM by Mike Abberton.)
07-28-2007, 07:55 AM,
Sure thing with Anvil Round 1 finished I would be happy to run some test games.

How about Omaha day 1 we could also test Sword day 1 to compare the British sector if you like. Or what would you like to tested?

Send me the files or let me know where to down load them.

Peter777
07-28-2007, 08:06 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-28-2007, 08:23 AM by Mike Abberton.)
07-29-2007, 01:05 AM,
Hi guys

I think that the OMAHA beach defenses are a little too strong. What about getting rid of a few of the AT ditches to help out the allies a little bit in getting off the beach? Or flagging some of the initial wave infantry units as mine clearance capable. That should give the Germans too many targets to disrupt and allow the Allies a chance to start banging away at the forts a little earlier. Im available if you need a test target =p

Scott
07-29-2007, 07:34 AM,
I think we are getting it down. All that needs to be done is weaken a few hexes where resistence and fortifications were historically less effective. The only question is, should it be Pillboxes or BUNKERS. Hopefully me and Peter can come to a conclusion in our test.
07-29-2007, 07:50 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-29-2007, 07:56 AM by Mike Abberton.)
07-30-2007, 04:20 AM,
Good I would have thought the replacements fr the allies could be more.

Why do 12ss and 9ss get nothing?

Mike
07-30-2007, 02:06 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-30-2007, 02:10 PM by Mike Abberton.)