• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Matxer's SPMBT Tips
07-27-2007, 04:55 AM,
RE: Matxer's SPMBT Tips
Thank you, Nikb. I can 'train' you if you want.
Quote this message in a reply
07-27-2007, 08:44 PM,
I think in different years and in the different countries it is necessary to buy on a miscellaneous quantity of tanks and the soldiers. The percentage scheme will work not always correctly.
07-27-2007, 08:55 PM,
Interesting. Can you give examples ?
07-27-2007, 09:30 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-27-2007, 09:33 PM by KraMax (SPR).)
I think - what always better to work on maps as groups. Each group core infantry on (APC, IFV etc.) at support of several tanks, but it is not less 2. The quantity of groups is defined proceeding from conditions i.e. the size of a map and an arrangement of strategic flags. Also always it is necessary to consider possible failures in plans and to assume a fast regrouping of armed forces. Well and certainly it is necessary to look at possible arms of forces of the opponent.
07-27-2007, 10:18 PM,
Groups ? Certainly, tanks have to be mixed with mounted infantry and mobile AD.
Perhaps it was not clear in my document. I'll make it more precise. Thanks for the feedback.
07-27-2007, 10:36 PM,
What about mentioning that if buying SEAD airstrikes and normal airstrikes that it's best to purchase the SEAD planes first, as bombardments arrive in the order they were purchased in. That way you can have your SEAD strikes come in first and attack your enemies AAA then your normal strikes will hopefully have an easier time over the hot zone on the same turn.

cheers
07-27-2007, 11:54 PM,
But is SEAD worth the cost ?
07-28-2007, 12:03 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-28-2007, 12:04 AM by Thor.)
matxer Wrote:But is SEAD worth the cost ?

To be honest i've not used SEAD that much yet but they seem to make enemy radars shut down for that turn and draw fire so that's something, even if they don't actually hit anything themselves. Then i guess the following planes only have to worry about AA weapons worked by the good ol' Mk1 Eyeball and MANPADs.

If i have this wrong then someone please tell me. LOL

cheers
07-28-2007, 05:01 AM,
I like SEAD for a second reason. They provide good recon. especially if your opponent doesn't have any Radar guided missiles. Without a radar to shoot at, the SEAD never runs out of ammo, so they don't go back to base like a regular air strike does. Their EW rating is high enough so that they are real hard to hit, which uses up shots from your opponents AD that won't be used against other aircraft that are easier to hit.
The S in SEAD stands for suppression, not slaughter. Keeping the AD down while the Jabos go killing is what they are supposed to do.
Until SP starts to model the effects of PGM's (a JADAM NEVER misses. It can be given the wrong target, but that isn't a miss) in the 21st century, air power is mostly good for recon. In the real world, Afghanistan proved that PGM's that NEVER miss their targets are the single most powerful weapon on the battlefield. Or is that over the battle field.
A B-52 or B-1 can service over 75 targets without those targets having the slightest chance of shooting back. In SP terms that would be like selecting an opponents unit and having it destroyed 2 turn later. Which is why it won't appear in SP any time soon. Who would want to play a game that way?
"I totally don't know what that means, but I WHOUNT it!"
-Jessica Simpson
07-28-2007, 05:27 AM,
Except that the B-1 or B-52 can be shot down.

US usually wage wars when they have air supremacy, which helps a bit.