• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Matxer's SPMBT Tips
07-29-2007, 10:04 PM,
RE: Matxer's SPMBT Tips
Don't all throw tomatoes at me at once for asking this but.......what is a JDAM? Some kind of smart missile i guess!

P.S. Is this all my fault for mentioning SEAD airstrikes? Big Grin

cheers
Quote this message in a reply
07-29-2007, 11:02 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-30-2007, 01:40 PM by wigam.)
Well IMO its another uber weapon in spMBT. The JDAM part stands for Joint Direct Attack Munition.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/s...s/jdam.htm
[Image: Tiger-Sig2.jpg]
Send this user an email
07-30-2007, 11:26 AM,
Fubar Wrote:Don't all throw tomatoes at me at once for asking this but.......what is a JDAM? Some kind of smart missile i guess!

P.S. Is this all my fault for mentioning SEAD airstrikes? Big Grin

cheers

Nah! you just pointed at the gate, I nudged it open and wandered off the pasture.
"I totally don't know what that means, but I WHOUNT it!"
-Jessica Simpson
07-30-2007, 04:23 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-30-2007, 04:29 PM by jomni.)
Nice tips...

As U.S. (2000's era), I started buying UAV's in lieu of light recon units (armored cars) UAV's seem to have superb sighting abilities. And can fly several sorties as opposed to airstrikes. They are small enough to make it hard for AAA to shoot down and they have low heat signature to be tracked by SAMs. They are relatively cheap as well but no offensive capabilities.

Some questions:
1) what other countries have UAV and at what time frame?
2) are the sorties really unlimited?
3) if enemy has a UAV what is the best counter?
Send this user an email
07-30-2007, 10:25 PM,
1) I don't know about that, I'm not much of an OOB guy, tending to dance with the one what brung me.
2) Yes, within the scope of the game. Even the micros that are assigned on a plaoon level have 45 minutes or more (depending on the wind strength) of endurance. That is about 20 turns or so.
I don't think the micro UAV's are modeled, the one in the game seem to be the bigger, Predator type drones. They have an endurance of 24 hours or so.
3)I'm about to start trouble. I can hear the cries of 'gamey' already. I noticed that AH's with AAM's seem to do pretty good against them. I haven't really tested it, so that could have been an aberration. Man PADS do pretty good against them, or at least when I'm using them.

http://www.daybydaycartoon.com/
"I totally don't know what that means, but I WHOUNT it!"
-Jessica Simpson
07-31-2007, 02:27 AM,
RE:��Matxer's SPMBT Tips
07-31-2007, 02:30 AM,
Crikey that looks like a Victory Class Star Destroyer. :smg:

P.S. We still having a rematch Paul?

TTFN

cheers
07-31-2007, 02:59 AM,
RE:��Matxer's SPMBT Tips
Fubar Wrote:Crikey that looks like a Victory Class Star Destroyer. :smg:

P.S. We still having a rematch Paul?

TTFN

cheers

If you think that's crazy, the Marines want a spaceplane so they can rapidly deploy. It may run into problems with the Army's airborne mafia though.

Yes we are. I'm just behind on a lot of things.:smoke: