• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

1st game of DGVN Tourny round 2 completed
07-22-2007, 02:56 AM,
1st game of DGVN Tourny round 2 completed
To All:

Please join me in congratulating the DGVN nubie, Charlie-66 in making it to the 3rd round of the Tigers vs Dragons tourney. Charlie appropriately played as Charlie and whooped on my US behind. He played a perfect game all the way though and used terrain and the all important LOS to his major advantage. With genius use of op-fire and a a mult-pronged attack he kept the US shifting troops and unable to keep their losses down. He quickly grasped that in DGVN the US have a 3 to 1 loss factor to the NVA (in other words, 1 US soldier is worth 3 NVA) and used that to his advantage drawing out US op-fire then attacking with his strongest units pushing the US back into the tree lines away from their VP hexes.

Great game and extreemly exciting as it was draw for over half the game before the pendulm slowing swung back. There were even places it looked like the US had a chance of a comeback.

J:smg:
Quote this message in a reply
07-22-2007, 03:00 AM,
RE: 1st game of DGVN Tourny round 2 completed
You're a better man than I, Charlie, congrats. Jorge is a tough opponent and playing as NVA is not an easy task.

Bask in your glory while you can.
07-22-2007, 08:35 AM,
Congratulaitions Guy, Well done. Unfortunatley I'm in the same boat as Jorge. Ola (Zeiss) has me down and out of options, Looks like it's going to end up with another US defeat. :kill:
07-22-2007, 09:28 AM,
Randy You Here?
07-24-2007, 01:14 AM,
As I told MAJOG, I think it was an extreme case of beginner's luck, but thanks for the kind critique. I don't think anyone needs to worry about me in this tourny.Big Grin