• Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Combat on the Russian Front
07-28-2007, 01:53 PM,
RE:��Combat on the Russian Front
Quote this message in a reply
07-28-2007, 02:07 PM,
RE: Combat on the Russian Front
Walkure Wrote:But even if i stay with your figures, the Russians build over 100k tanks of which 1600 were SU-100's that's 1.6% that in any statistical chart that is rare.

Walkurecheers

Unless they built all 100k of them in 1945 then 1600 vehicles being brought into action in the five months we are talking here is not so rare.

Their first action was 8 January 1945 in Hungary.

If you want to play a percentage game what percentage of all German tanks ever produced were the Tiger I? I'll let you give us the answer since you're the one doing the math at the moment.

It can't be very high.

Good Hunting.

MR
07-28-2007, 02:32 PM,
OK some common ground..Since Budapest is in Hungary i'll assume we agree.

The germans build roughly 25k tanks, so tiger comprized roughly 5.1%

This one i'm a little shaky on, but i believe the Russian had around 25 to 35K tanks around Jan/45. So if the Russian build roughly 1600 SU-100 During the war period that averages out to 320 a month. That's roughly 1.1%..........I'm not sure of the montly production rate of them, so i took the liberty of assuming. Yes a know what happen when one assume !!!!

Walkure

BTW i wish you would have asked me to figure out this tomorrow. I have 5 martinis in me and this is harder than you knowEek

07-28-2007, 03:06 PM,
Walkure Wrote:OK some common ground..Since Budapest is in Hungary i'll assume we agree.

The germans build roughly 25k tanks, so tiger comprized roughly 5.1%

This one i'm a little shaky on, but i believe the Russian had around 25 to 35K tanks around Jan/45. So if the Russian build roughly 1600 SU-100 During the war period that averages out to 320 a month. That's roughly 1.1%..........I'm not sure of the montly production rate of them, so i took the liberty of assuming. Yes a know what happen when one assume !!!!

Walkure

BTW i wish you would have asked me to figure out this tomorrow. I have 5 martinis in me and this is harder than you knowEek

ROFL!!!!

I never said it had to be done tonight..that was the martini's in you.

I also never said that Budapest wasn't in Hungary. You however never said it was Budapest and you said if you remembered correctly. I was just confirming your memory was right.

Good Hunting.

MR
07-28-2007, 03:13 PM,
I'll drink to that !!!cheers

Walkure