• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

NGP^85: Range fire Soviet and NATO tanks?
07-21-2007, 11:12 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-21-2007, 12:49 PM by Aaron.)
RE: NGP^85: Range fire Soviet and NATO tanks?
Yep i went to where the tanks gods hang out and havnt got a good answer yet but im sure ill get it in the next 24 hours.

The more i put into this subject the less i get out and the more questions it creates, i did find out the M-551a1 was equip with a Thermal sight:cool:

The only good listing i can find on the net is here

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/row/index.html

go towards the bottom and they have some Weapon System Summary Data Sheets with all vehicles listed on it by category, but according to the tank graph the T-64 and M1 would only have a range of 1.
The only big errors i seen was the Amx-10rc at 1200m and aml-90at 2000m, thats backwards i know its the other way around. And the other thing i seen was the M-113 at 44mm armour,is that true? And the Fv432 at 12mm armour, if that is true than the british units traveling in the fv-432 need to have the defense value dropped.

Aaron

Found this equipment guide for anyone whos interested but it wont fit here, so if u go to the bottom of the above page u will c Worldwide Equipment Guide download that, lots of info, i think it might be the jackpot
Rangers Lead the Way
Quote this message in a reply
07-22-2007, 01:46 AM,
RE:�� NGP^85: Range fire Soviet and NATO tanks?
CptCav Wrote:Here are some examples of open terrain in the Fulda Gap.

Thanks for the pics, CC. Brings back some memories. I was stationed even farther south in the Hof Gap area & the terrain was even more closed than this. Plus it was more heavily forested, especially along the Czech/FRG border. Visibility was no more than 50 meters due to the desnity of the forests in that area.

The suggestion that no tank unit have a range of more than one is interesting, although it would have more of an impact, I believe, on NATO forces.
07-22-2007, 03:03 AM,
Thumbs_Up  RE: NGP^85: Range fire Soviet and NATO tanks?
Yes, yes, to leave range fire = 2 hex only for Self Propelled ATGM and helicopters. :thumbs_up:
07-22-2007, 04:36 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-22-2007, 12:06 PM by Mike Abberton.)
RE:�� NGP^85: Range fire Soviet and NATO tanks?
07-22-2007, 03:42 PM,
RE:��NGP^85: Range fire Soviet and NATO tanks?
I concede to Volcano Man's knowledge and experience. :bow:

Regards,
CptCav
Edmund Burke (1729-1797): "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Ronald Reagan: “Détente: isn’t that what a farmer has with his turkey until Thanksgiving Day?â€
07-23-2007, 04:08 AM,
RE: ��NGP^85: Range fire Soviet and NATO tanks?
CptCav Wrote:I concede to Volcano Man's knowledge and experience. :bow:

Regards,
CptCav

Well, my experience is only with the M1A1. I concede to my old crusty Master Gunner's experience. :bow: :)