• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Offboard or Onboard Artillery?
07-21-2007, 11:45 AM,
RE: Offboard or Onboard Artillery?
I've heard the Germans call the First and Second World Wars the "Second Thirty Years War" but that was a couple of years ago.
Quote this message in a reply
07-21-2007, 01:52 PM,
The is a fairly popular POV. WW2 is seen by a lot of historians as the same war, with an extended half time, sort of.
The Cold war is better seen as WW3, since it was not all that cold and it did cover the globe. That would make the current dust up WWIV.
AFAIK Henry the K. added both 'cold war' and 'Mutual Assured Destruction' to the lexicon.
I suspect by about 2350, the whole series of wars that started in 1914 ( or 14, depending on which event is selected as the starting point) and going on for another several generations will known as the American wars, since that is what they all have in common.
"I totally don't know what that means, but I WHOUNT it!"
-Jessica Simpson
07-21-2007, 11:59 PM,
Isn't it a bit presomptuous to guess what the historians will say in 243 years ? ;)
07-22-2007, 10:34 AM,
Yes, but I won't be there to eat crow, so it's VERY safe. Here is a scary thought. A good bit of the comm chatter from the early days of the WWW will still be around for researchers to quibble over. :soap:
"I totally don't know what that means, but I WHOUNT it!"
-Jessica Simpson