• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Which PzC game to get?
07-15-2007, 12:21 AM,
Which PzC game to get?
I don't yet own any Panzer Campaigns series games but I'd like to start. There seems to be a lot to choose from so I was hoping maybe someone could recommend a good one to get into the series with? Also, I'm quite interested in the North African campaign so I was wondering which of the two games set in that theatre would be better to start with?

Thanks in advance.
Quote this message in a reply
07-15-2007, 02:47 AM,
RE: Which PzC game to get?
Peek,
This must be the most asked question on this forum! :)

Once patched all the titles have the same rule updates, so there are no "new" or "latest" titles as far as the features/rules go.

The best advice seems to be to go for the titles that cover the theatre of WW2 that you enjoy, so if you like the desert battles then go for Tobruk or Alamein. Big Grin

You will find opponents here whatever title you choose.
07-15-2007, 03:37 AM,
I would recommend to start by a non-massive campaign.

Massive campaigns such as Minsk are... crowdy: units everywhere on the map, battle length extremely long.

Budapest 44 or El Alamein are non-massive.
07-15-2007, 06:34 AM,
RE:��Which PzC game to get?
matxer Wrote:I would recommend to start by a non-massive campaign.

While I wouldn't disagree with this one must remember that some people really like the MASSIVE Campaigns and all the games come with smaller and mid sized scns.

Pick Russian Front or Non-Russian Front
Decide which battle apeals to you most - you like something that you can get a book on and read about or a battle where less is known about.

...if, like matxer says, you want something with smaller Campaigns, consider Salerno '43 because it is small and it includes small Campaigns fron Anzio '44 and Crete '41.

If really are not into PBEM and are certain you want to only play the AI, then I think the best game is Minsk '44. Sure, the Campaign is large, and yes you will still win against the AI. But all the AI improvements were tweaked when this game was being done and there is a range of smaller cut scn where you can play attacker or defender with simlar scns balance for AI play on either side.

In all, having anyone tell you what PzC Game is best for you, without knowing anything about your tastes and likes for such a game is like telling you what type of car you should be driving. There is no correct answer - it is all about personal preferences.

Glenn

Send this user an email
07-15-2007, 11:11 PM,
Thanks for the input guys, I really appreciate it. I think I was just wondering if some games in the series were considered better than others, but if all are equally good I will start with El Alamein.
07-16-2007, 05:58 AM,
RE:��Which PzC game to get?
Peek Wrote:Thanks for the input guys, I really appreciate it. I think I was just wondering if some games in the series were considered better than others, but if all are equally good I will start with El Alamein.

Better?

Like Ford is better than GM you mean?:)

...you see it is all very much a matter of taste when you talk better. I worked on them all after Smolensk. I have my favourites too. Of example I don't like Korsun - nothing wrong with Korsun, there is just something about it I don't like. But there are other guys who really think it is great.

Anyway - I like Alamein a lot too!

Glenn
Send this user an email