• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

LETO vs POS DAR (a turn by turn tactical review) POS NO ACCESS ***
07-16-2007, 07:49 AM,
RE:��LETO vs POS DAR (a turn by turn tactical review) POS NO ACCESS
McIvan Wrote:Are you worried that the buttoning will reduce the Tiger's ability to re-target if the Fireflies hove into sight?

This is an issue that I constantly have to mull over in most of my games. Button or unbutton in situations where your TC's braincases are in obvious danger. Sometimes you end up robbing Peter to pay Paul.
If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month. - Theodore Roosevelt
Quote this message in a reply
07-16-2007, 11:34 AM,
RE: LETO vs POS DAR (a turn by turn tactical review) POS NO ACCESS
McIvan Wrote:Are you worried that the buttoning will reduce the Tiger's ability to re-target if the Fireflies hove into sight?

This is a tough call as the Axis here because the Firefly's turret is so quick, which gives it something of an edge when your Tigers are buttoned.

07-17-2007, 07:02 AM,
As you'll most likely see in POS's section, he's knocked out one of my Tigers: one shot, one hit, one kill from a moving firefly.

A few other things of importance happened as well, but due to time restrictions, I cannot post the DAR today.

The interesting point of discussion is thus: do the TC's being unbuttoned help with the ability to sight and react to enemy targets?

More to come!

Cheers!

Leto
07-19-2007, 06:55 AM,
The Elite sniper pots a PIAT (note that there is no terrain in the infantry window of the enemy unit, stating its demise), and the charging Brits are roughed up by the Tiger fire.

Unfortunately, one of my Tigers strays into the LOF of 4 moving Fireflies and is knocked out on one shot.

AS I do not currently know where POS's remaining Fireflies are, he has me at a bit of a disadvantage, so I will be aggressive and attack his flanking fireflies with both platoons of Tigers in a pincer movement.

[Image: POS1.jpg]

The first platoon of Tigers will move up the road and behind the heavy building to provide cover against flanking fire. One will remain to deal HE at the Brit infantry.

The second platoon will quickly head for the cover of the building (for left flank cover) and into a depression for hull down.

Each group of Tigers will have LOS to POS's tanks advance.

One additional note, I am withdrawing an infantry platoon from a heavy building coming under fire from 3-4 Brit infantry units. No use letting him get pinned and broken.

My Shreck's move up into position and covered armor arcs applied.

Cheers!

Leto
07-20-2007, 07:55 AM,
Spike obviously thinks I'm dumb.

I charge forth a Tiger to blast away at his infantry, and Spike noticing my Tiger claw moving toward his eastern tanks, begins moving his second platoon of tanks on the far west of the map east.

Got it?

I see this and anticipate he may have some LOS on my lone Tiger next turn, and order him to retreat. I run up a shreck unit to get a few shots on the Fireflies if they pop out. Still not knowing where his sniper is keeps my TC's buttoned.

[Image: Tiger1.jpg]

You can see here in the next slide that POS's tanks as predicted come hither towards my lone Tiger, thinking he can get another easy kill and begin his gloating again.

I get a bit anxious as the dust is not sufficient to cover the retreat. Looks like there'll be a bit of a runnin gunfight (squwwwaaaakkkk, pittooeeey, dern tootin!).

[Image: Tiger2.jpg]

Note the fireflies are unbuttoned and draw first. Two tanks get a bead on my Tiger before he even gets a red line of fire back on them. This is not lookin good.

Considering that both sets of vehicles are moving, the to hit range is in the low range akin to Chuck Norris becoming the God Emperor of Earth (although some believe that this is a very high probability, I see it as a distinct low one).

The Fireflies get off two shots and the Tiger responds with a gruff but harmless bark of its own.

[Image: Tiger3.jpg]

My kitty purs its way back to safety, and off for another mission.

Disappointingly enough, my shreck fires off 2 rounds without effect, and now I have to run him out of there before Spike grinds up the earth with HE.

My plan now becomes more complex and sinister. I'll fill you in on it later.

: )

Cheers!

Leto
07-20-2007, 10:17 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-20-2007, 10:51 AM by Valor.)
07-20-2007, 11:23 AM,
From Hell's Heart I Stab at Thee!

My Crack panzer under Lt. Oekler hits and penetrates on the first shot of the new turn. To my amazement, the firefly retorts and punches one through Lt. Oekler's Tiger. One of the Lt's platoon blows out the candle on the last firefly, extracting final revenge.

[Image: Tiger7.jpg]

This makes things a bit tighter, but I now own Spike's East flank. His infantry in front of the flag is quickly overpowered and next turn will commence with a few assaults to weed the last of the Brits out of their teacups.

POS's tanks line up on parade again on the road outside of town, finally extricated from the fiendish foliage in which they had previously been curtailed.

I must now protect my lone Tiger in the village from attack. I moved him back out of road LOS last turn, so no worries. A panzershreck also guards the road.

[Image: Tiger8.jpg]

IF POS comes at me, then he will have to strike straight through into my reminaining four functioning panzers on the far flag, while facing my advancing infantry.

One last note, my sniper has 2 rounds left and is hoping to take a head off in that column of fireflies early next turn.

Cheers!

Leto
07-22-2007, 12:51 AM,
RE:��LETO vs POS DAR (a turn by turn tactical review) POS NO ACCESS

Yes, now I am. Over the course of the game, I have observed that each time Spike's tanks were buttoned, and mine were not, I had first shot, and vice versa.

This has become a valuable learning experience if anything, but really only goes to show what we already should have known already.

My thoughts on POS were correct, he has been fighting like a Lion, and has made one last ditch push to win the game.

We've been trading moves with little action other than failed armored movements. I lost my Tiger in the town due to his erratic behavior in moving back up the road instead of right at my tanks in the east. I was planning on picking off the last straggler of his pack on an LOS gild scoot and shoot. Fortunately, I got one of his as he got mine.

Lastly, like ships in the night, my Tigers prowled forth leaving behind the immobilized Tiger to guard the flag, and POS flew foreward into the town and through a painful exchange where my Tiger sat for 6 seconds aiming at an exposed firefly (AND DID NOT FIRE) was knocked out.

Below is how it sits on turn 19. All my shreks are used (bad move on my part, premature eshrackulation... very poor usage of these weapons at long range and after about 15 low % shots, no hits) and my infantry has swept left to now capture spike's men and tanks in a bit of a kessel.

[Image: Tigers10.jpg]

Out of site, my damaged Tiger grumbles through the woods hoping to make a last turn stab at disrupting Spike's ZOC on the west flag (not having much time, I have been tardy on the DAR's and missed out showing you a good move by SPIKE as his brit infantry were at the base of the flag near the road, and as my sneaking german soldiers advanced, he obviously saw them and the ensuing firefight left my whole platoon dispatched with few losses to his own platoon.)

Turn 19 Tally:

Leto
3 functioning Tigers
1 damaged gun Tiger
3 full platoons of infantry
4 MG's
1 sniper (no ammo)
2 shreks (no ammo)
1 mortar (no ammo)

Spike
3 fireflies
1 full platoon of infantry
2 platoon's of infantry on the ropes (mostly panicking and under seige)
2 MG's
2 PIATS
1 mortar
1 sniper

As well, POS has invited me to look at his own DAR, and from that I have found that he is now stating that I am using his tactics. Well, you can all make your own assumptions as to that.

So far, very good game, kudos to spike for playing it tight, and I look forward to the last 4-5 turns (she's going into overtime baby!!!)

Cheers!

Leto
07-23-2007, 07:26 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-23-2007, 08:10 AM by Valor.)
07-23-2007, 07:54 AM,
Hear ye all blitzers who have read and enjoyed this DAR:

Let's have them green clickies M8's...

Besides, once this thread is opened up to POS, you'll get some lame excuse as to why I won...

It will be amusing to see how Mick intends to turn this around and make a victory out of it for himself...

(even though I played on a map he built, has played 14 times before and was designed to his parameters, and with me being a gay infantry whoring CM commander who does not even come close to having the greatness in tank warfare skill as sir Spiketh...)

Cheers!

Leto