• Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Newbie returns & seeks some help....
07-12-2007, 03:50 PM,
Newbie returns & seeks some help....
Quote this message in a reply
07-12-2007, 07:06 PM,
RE: Newbie returns & seeks some help....
I am off work for a week so have some time email me at [email protected] and let me know which side etc and we can play any scenario that interests you. If you want comments as we go can do that.

As to KP I personally think that the following problems put people off 1 losses are not detailed giving the impression that its not therefore as good a simulation. 2 The graphics are not as clear as PC and when you are my age thats a concern! 3 The unit detail is not as good as PC in PC you know they are Panthers but you do not in KP.

Mike
07-13-2007, 07:32 AM,
Thanks Mike - I'll be in touch

Barnes
07-13-2007, 09:24 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-13-2007, 09:30 PM by Gasbag.)
In KP's defence, the unit scale is different. It depicts units at a divisional/regimental size while PzC models units at battalion level (mostly).

If interested you can download extra KP battles at the SSG site: here
.."A critical oversight that has led to yet another mouthful of poo." . Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe
07-13-2007, 11:17 PM,
One bit of info about KP; many of the players who played KP moved on to the next iteration of the game, Battles in Normandy (BiN) and Battles in Italy. You may want to check out BiI at the SSG/Run5 forums. BiI will have more current players than either BiN or KP since the general concensus is that BiN and BiI were major upgrades to KP ... a better AI and some improvements of the KP system.

I play both PzC and BiN and now I also have acquired Battlefront which is the next game put out by SSG. BF is more like PzC than BiN/BiI.

Food for thought
07-16-2007, 04:08 PM,
Thanks for the advice. I'm getting into PzC at the moment again so KP is on the back burner - my brain can't cope with learning two systems at once! I guess you learn to know and love whatever is most familiar. Hank - would be interested in what you think about Battlefront sometime.