• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Vista and Reachback
07-01-2007, 06:51 AM,
Vista and Reachback
When XP came out it took some months to find all the drivers and fix the bugs. It also had limited reachback to older programmes.
It accepted all the CS discs until I loaded a 1 Gig Wargame called Mockra to Berlin. This needed Direct X9 which corrupted some of my CS folders. Microsoft themselves admitted that Direct X 9 could corrupt CS folders but their fix was too scary for me. I added a new hard drive, loaded it with W98 and that's where all my precious CS folders now live. That's where the Matrix disc will go when it arrives . I can now access XP for all the newest folders and W98 for all the older ones.
A friend is having trouble with Vista's reachback and some conflicts so there could be a repeat of my XP and direct XP type experiences.
Quote this message in a reply
07-01-2007, 09:55 AM,
RE: Vista and Reachback
I stick to Win98SE it does everything I want, all the new operating systems are Microsoft trying to make more money.
07-01-2007, 03:26 PM,
Thumbs_Up  RE: Vista and Reachback
I use XP SP2 myself...

Mind you I did carry on using WIN98 for a year before I got XP, so I wouldnt be an unpaid beta tester for Microsoft..
07-02-2007, 05:06 PM,
RE: Vista and Reachback
I agree with both of you. Anybody who loads CS into Vista without retaining their old files in W98 or XP is very trusting and, from experience with Microsoft and Direct X9, very brave