• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

which is the best version
07-02-2007, 03:40 AM,
RE: which is the best version
Yes, I'm a little (about 8 turns) behind. I finished my program for my Doctor of History. I had to take Orals because I fast tracked it and my EMT score was barely over the bar. My heel clipped it on the way over, but didn't knock the bar down so to speak. Anyway the hour long Orals ended up being about 3 hours. The skids were greased, but one of the examiners wasn't all that thrilled about things.
Anyway, I was quite busy with last minute cramming ( I had most of the questions, so I just had to bone up on the answers) and polishing my dissertation. I'll be official after the graduate board looks things over this week.
Then I'll be going on an extended cruise (starting the end of August) with two of my sons. That will be till the end of the year, if everything works out as planned. So I'll be ending my SP playing for a while. 4 months at least and maybe a couple of years. We will see.
"I totally don't know what that means, but I WHOUNT it!"
-Jessica Simpson
Quote this message in a reply
07-02-2007, 05:51 AM,
Grumbler Wrote:... Lately I have been helping Combat Mission players convert/learn MBT. Bringing them over to the dark side, ...

LOL now that is an achievement! How high is the head-count??? Big Grin

Artur.
07-02-2007, 06:03 AM,
Grumbler Wrote:... If you have never had to bust a Pak front, then you will have no chance of solving the tactical problem presented by a dug-in platoon of ATGM's. ...

Do you use the OP-fire filter? If yes what is the experience so far?

Artur.
07-02-2007, 06:48 AM,
Artur Wrote:
Grumbler Wrote:... If you have never had to bust a Pak front, then you will have no chance of solving the tactical problem presented by a dug-in platoon of ATGM's. ...

Do you use the OP-fire filter? If yes what is the experience so far?

Artur.

It pretty much depends on the terrain and force mix. Smoke doesn't help when the ATGM has 40 vision. All the ATGM's are limited in rounds carried. IF ( a big if) they miss a shot, you can pretty much roll them up with a combined arms force. Use a MBT with a good front armor rating as a missile sponge, If the Experience level is high nough, you can dodge the ATGM' which means you are good to get closer before it reloads. If your active unit survives that shot, don't move it until after you move another unit. I like to move a track next if the MBT survives. Get the track close enough thatthe passengers can shoot at where you think the Enmy is and unload them. That will draw fire from any infantry or crew served weapons protecting the ATGM's. Area fire where ever you think the ATGM is. LOTS of 'z' key work. And you will get hurt. Keep your screen (monitor) pulled out so you have a better chance of seeing where the missile is coming from. The misslie will give you a general bearing and a range, so guessing where the ATGM is hidden isn't all that hard. Normally it's only a few possible hexes.
Judge the amount of fire and if you take more the 1 shot per weapon per platoon ( if a platoon has 3 launchers, more then 3 shots) reconsider on that 4th shot. It might be a very good ATGM crew that can get off two shots per turn, or it might be more then 1 platoon. You just need to develop a feel for those things.
Without all the verbage.
A.Close with the launchers, or at least where you think the launchers are.
b. Put rounds on that location, even if there are no targets to shoot at.
C. Learn when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em.

4 so far. One more and I'm an ace?
"I totally don't know what that means, but I WHOUNT it!"
-Jessica Simpson