• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

POS v SPHINX (Fireflies v Tigers) ***
06-28-2007, 04:35 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-30-2007, 07:14 AM by Steel God.)
POS v SPHINX (Fireflies v Tigers) ***
Winner=POS

POS=Fireflies
Sphinx=Tigers
Nonladder

A real meatgrinder. Sphinx caved in my whole left flank and broke through deep and hard with a Tiger (below) but I got payback by going on a Tiger-hunting spree in the centre..
[Image: sphinxA.jpg]

Both sides dead tanks provide silent witness to the close quarter gutter-fighting for the village..
[Image: sphinx2.jpg]

[Image: WPCTIA.png]
Quote this message in a reply
06-28-2007, 09:17 AM,
RE: POS beats SPHINX

I love the AARs, but may I ask: do you play your games with the exaggerated unit size and 2-dimensional terrain? Or is that just for posting AARs?
"A bad plan is still better than no plan at all." -- Mikhail Tal

[Image: pzV.jpg]
06-28-2007, 09:58 AM,
For any of those that know him, POS has the ocular profiency of Mister Magoo. Obviously due to advanced age and decrepitness. I therefore suspect he sets it that way purposefully it so he can actually loosely "see" what's going on.

The key to beating POS is that he can't see small units. That's why he hates fighting with infantry and only likes the "big" easily spotted tanks.

Unfortunately, they do not have seeing eye dogs trained up to help Spike play CM yet.

Cheers!

Leto
06-28-2007, 10:53 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-28-2007, 11:25 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
I always play with unit 3 size and 2D terrain so the enemy can't hide behind trees, I mean in war you have to be able to see him to kill him, seems logical to me..
I therefore regard the SHIFT-T key as the useful 'Agent Orange' deforestation tool..

When composing screenshots I approach the subject like a film director, using whichever unit size, zoom setting, camera angles and terrain density creates the most dramatic visual effect, also using an image program to make sure the scenes are properly lit and so on..
As you see from my astounding AAR's, I use two pictures per masterpiece, the first being a high-level birds-eye view of the whole battlefield with size 4 units and 2D terrain on which I paint breathtaking arrows and symbols etc, then for the second pic I zoom to low-level so my spellbound audience are taken into the very heart of the battlefield like on an exciting virtual ride at Disneyworld.

"That we may wander o'er this bloody field
To book our dead, and then to bury them,
To sort our nobles from our common men" - Henry V

[Image: take1.jpg]
07-05-2007, 06:11 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-06-2007, 04:43 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
RE: POS beats SPHINX (Fireflies v Tigers)
[Image: crossed-swds.jpg]

"CROSSED SWORDS OF HONOUR"

I hereby bestow this cyber-award on SPHINX for accepting my open challenge to all Blitz members to play 'Fireflies v Tigers'