• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

3d squad battles games
06-24-2007, 09:59 AM,
3d squad battles games
I was just at the HPS site and I was looking at the Squad Battles games. In the past I have never ordered them because they appeared to only have counters and that bugs me for some stupid reason. Anyway, today I noticed that Eagle Strike and Advance of the Reich have 3d. Are they the only ones. I'm probably going to order those two but would like to know in case I need to knock over a liquor store to get the money to buy all of them:smg:cheers
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
06-24-2007, 11:49 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-24-2007, 11:50 AM by general_solomon.)
RE: 3d squad battles games
HPS is working on updating all the other titles in the comming months. They just released the 3d version for the proud and the few. It was also cool of hps to release it as a free download.

I really enjoy the 3d view. It allows you to quickly determine the terrian which in this game is very important. I sometimes go back to the regular view to get a overall picture of the battlefield.

Get the game and maybe we can pbem.

06-25-2007, 02:56 AM,
CharlesSutton Wrote:I was just at the HPS site and I was looking at the Squad Battles games. In the past I have never ordered them because they appeared to only have counters and that bugs me for some stupid reason. Anyway, today I noticed that Eagle Strike and Advance of the Reich have 3d. Are they the only ones. I'm probably going to order those two but would like to know in case I need to knock over a liquor store to get the money to buy all of them:smg:cheers
Get both of these Eagle Strike and Advance of the Reich are both still on my hard drive since they were 1st released. Looks like more inhance ments coming for the whole Squad Battle series!!
06-25-2007, 07:52 AM,
Looking forward to seeing Korea, SAW & TOD in 3-D. I don't think that the Proud & Few 3-D file is the full game though. It's more likely just a file that enables 3-D views for the game. Thought that I should clear that up as the post above might lead somebody to think that they were downloading a free game.
.."A critical oversight that has led to yet another mouthful of poo." . Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe
06-25-2007, 05:21 PM,
Thanks for the answers. I ordered Eagle Strike a few days ago. I will be here looking for games and if I like the game (hoping I will) I will be on the forum looking for a beating. Thanks for the answers.
Send this user an email
06-25-2007, 05:24 PM,
Thanks for the answers. I ordered Eagle Strike a few days ago. I will be here looking for games and if I like the game (hoping I will) I will be on the forum looking for a beating. Thanks for the answers.
Send this user an email
07-18-2007, 02:50 AM,
I've been away too long.
Anyway, I did some 3D mods for Eagles Strike...Terrain and Vehicle.

Check them out here....
http://www.geocities.com/celozzi/ ( OLD!!!)

and

www.nolessthaneverything.com/wargaming

Its a work in progress, but if you want to play around, email me
[email protected]

Dave
07-18-2007, 08:08 AM,
The funny thing with SB is that I prefer the 2d view more than the 3d. Virtually all of the other Tiller games I play in 3d - or mostly, for example I tend to use 2d for long range movement in the Nappy series.

I really like the counters. And thats coming from someone who has never played any desktop games. Only problem I have with the 2d view is that I find it difficult to easily ascertain the contours.

07-18-2007, 11:24 AM,
Nikb Wrote:Only problem I have with the 2d view is that I find it difficult to easily ascertain the contours.

I feel the same way. Thats why i switch between the two views to get quick view of the terrain.